Every winter, Yale’s campus is filled with flocks of Canada Goose jackets, those obscenely expensive parkas that appear just after each snowfall. When I first saw them two years ago, I could not believe that anyone would pay so much for something so frivolous. Like many first years, I was shocked. But I have since realized that that is all it is: culture shock.

I would like to think that people as open-minded and inclusive as Yalies would embrace an unfamiliar culture like this, but in my experience, we do not. We question whether our privileged peers really deserved to get in. We make assumptions about the moral character of wealthy students without having met them. And, because we’ve received an Ivy League education, we know enough to use at least the semblance of logic to justify these attacks.

Surprisingly, despite the vitriol aimed at the privileged, our discussions of the underprivileged are remarkably empathetic. The common refrain is that the students with privilege must work to understand the experiences of students without it. I wholeheartedly agree; in addition to monetary challenges, poorer students often struggle to fit in to a society where so many of their peers come from enormous wealth. There is social friction when, for instance, they must refuse invitations to get late night food because they cannot afford it. So, as the countless columns and Facebook posts say, it would be a great help to underprivileged students if their peers were more aware and understanding of their situation.

The wealthy need this kind of support, too. For instance, last summer, two friends of mine found themselves in New York City. One day, one texted the other asking where she was, and the other responded that she was at such-and-such private club. It was a purely utilitarian statement, meant only to communicate a location, but the first friend got mad, thinking the other was bragging. The privileged among us experience an unrelenting, hidden struggle. They must sanitize discussions about their everyday lives of any mention of wealth and incur the ire of their peers whenever they slip up.

Empathy is never a bad idea, but selective empathy is. In our campus discussions of privilege, there is a conspicuous absence of reciprocal calls for empathy for the wealthy. It implies by omission that the privileged neither need nor deserve the same from the underprivileged and feeds an attitude of self-centeredness and a culture of isolation.

Because the group toward which we are hostile is ambiguously defined, it makes us all a little paranoid. Everyone has a different idea of what the threshold for excessive privilege is, and, while each of us may fall below his or her own standard, we all fear crossing someone else’s.

“Does this Apple computer mark me as an elitist?” we ask ourselves. Would my friends think I deserve my spot here if they knew my parents hired tutors for me?

In a larger sense, however, discussing disparities of privilege at Yale misses the point. As Yale students, we all now have unparalleled social capital and high earning potential. Whether or not we were poor and underprivileged before, we probably will no longer be so. It turns out that a Yale degree that costs upward of a quarter of a million dollars and takes years of hard work to obtain is actually quite valuable.

We cannot unlearn a Yale education and, once we possess it, cannot refuse to use it. I used to tell myself that I would not spend the money from a high-paying job on expensive and frivolous things, but I already have. It’s human nature to splurge at least a little when given the chance. And even the most iron-willed among us will have no choice but to exercise their privilege once they have children. Being a parent sometimes requires that we use our privilege to give our children certain advantages in life. Sure, I may not give my kids extrinsic privilege, like a six-figure allowance, or buy them Yale acceptance letters for their first birthdays, but, to be a good parent, I must impart meaningful, intrinsic traits to them. For example, I believe that writing is one of the most important skills a person can have, so I will teach my kids what I know. But in doing so, I will give them the advantages I gained from studying English at Yale.

A Yale education irreversibly alters both our social positions and our minds. We are now the privileged few, and their lifestyles will soon be ours. Empathy for the privileged is necessary if we are ever to accept our own futures. We must master the disdain we feel upon seeing someone in a Canada Goose jacket, for, if we lift up the fur-lined hood, we will find ourselves.

Kathan Roberts is a junior in Pauli Murray College. Contact him at kathan.roberts@yale.edu 

• ldffly

The phenomena you describe might be lumped under the category of “Snobbery in Reverse.” It is pervasive, so pervasive that one can say it comes with being human. People resent anybody who by appearances possesses more virtue than they do.

This form of snobbery can be as insidious as any other. One finds it even in the academic world where one might assume that most academics strive for excellence and want to be surrounded by those of the same purpose. If you make that assumption, you will be wrong. Walk down the hallway of any department at Lesser Ranked State U. Don’t be surprised if most of those people are in their current positions because they were shunted there by those snobby, snotty, privileged Ivy Ph.D.s at Better State U. who wouldn’t even grant them an interview. So if Fred Yale Ph.D. applies for a job at State, watch the faculty line up and refuse to interview the guy. “Well, he’d never fit in here.”

Resentment is an awful state of mind. People should respect one another no matter their station in life. People should honor those who have great capacities. And people who are putting those capacities to work in good causes deserve the highest honor.

• CT14

“People resent anybody who by appearances possesses more virtue than they do.”

Wealth isn’t virtue.

• ldffly

Check older uses of the word ‘virtue.’

• Nancy Morris

Nor is it a sign of an absence of virtue.

• ldffly

Nor is being in a state of material deprivation a sign of moral virtue.

• Nancy Morris

True.

• terryhughes

This is empty, unbearable virtue signaling, and expressly intended as such.

• td2016

Hey, aren’t you the one viciously hoping in your other comment that this author get “smacked hard in the face?” Where do you get off posting this philosophical crap. Is wishing for someone to be smacked hard in the face your idea of “virtue?” Or is this comment just to cement your position as utterly hypocritical, with no ambiguity possible? Pretty effective. Are you going to apologize for your vicious comment? Or at least delete it? Or try to mitigate the hypocrisy? Or will you just pull a limited modified hangout kind of stonewall, like the big boys do, and not respond? I can’t wait to find out! I’m on the edge of my seat!

• Zena

well, the YDN has truly hit rock bottom.

• KielMutiny

I’m really glad that this came out on the day that Republicans allowed CHIP to expire, leaving 9 million poor kids without access to healthcare. If the privileged want people to be nicer to them, the answer doesn’t lie in demanding empathy from the victims of an unjust system from which the privileged benefit. It lies in using their privilege to actually do something other than write op-eds.

• Bryant Hansen

Maybe the author does donate money to charities and volunteers at the local food bank. I think the idea of this op-ed is very valid, which you just proved, but the execution is lacking. The comment by idffly is spot on

• goti

Exactly. The myopic, elitist focus of this public article shall not be critiqued until it is clear that historic levels of inequality and systemic exploitation have not been solved by the author’s hypothetical experience pouring soup in a bowl/empty virtue signaling.

• KielMutiny

This oped is about what it’s like to have wealth. Idffly is confusing that with what it’s like to have virtue. And that confusion between wealth and virtue is one of the problems with American society writ large.

• Mary Ann

O, yes, every single day one hears and reads in the media: Being rich is the same as being good and virtuous. Yes, yes, Americans are completely confused on that topic. They can’t tell one from another. They look at the sexual predator Weinstein, for example, and think he’s virtuous…because he’s rich. And Americans think the women he molested are NOT virtuous, because they don’t have as much money as Weinstein. That’s the kind of thing one hears all the time, right? Even around the Yale Dining hall tables! Yep, that’s the lingo! Confused, confused, confused!

It’s not that too many Americans don’t CARE about being good or virtuous, or that they think the pleasures available only to the rich are worth giving up goodness. It’s not that Americans think that people like Eeinstein are non-virtuous and bad but are able to get away with their badness because they are rich and powerful. No, no, it’s not that. It’s not even the case that too many Americans have been given no serious moral training and don’t know what “virtue” means in the first place. No, no, no. Americans are just completely confused and think rich = virtuous.

I have just one question for you: What planet are you from?

• Kate

#SuperNotValid.

When people spend $995 on a jacket, they have invited ridicule. They can live with it. We all make choices. People who spend frivolously -as, indeed, we all do to some extent- can and MUST live with some shame and guilt around that. That is what motivates us to remember that our fellow men, women, and children are dying from, y’know, not having water, toilets, food, a safe place to live, medicine, doctors, doors. That shame makes us better. We MUST feel it.

• terryhughes

This is empty, unbearable virtue signaling. The people who contributed thie “likes” signaled their virtue with even less effort.

• Yodel

Luckily you’re here to do the critical tough lifting!
        [adjective, adjective “virtue signalling” – whew!]

• td2016

And you are obviously here to identify typos and other trivial errors, mostly evidencing the trivial level on which your analysis functions.

O, and there is a great deal of empty virtue signaling in many of these commentd (that “d” is there for your benefit), which is terryhughes’ obvious point. You obviously fail to grasp that obvious fact.

On a more technical level, you also obviously fail to understand that if one tries to write the exact same comment more than once, DISCUS intervenes and won’t permit it. That’s obviously why terryhughes has slightly varied the form of what is obviously the SAME criticism of so many comments. Your absurd tic “[adjective, adjective “virtue signalling” – whew!]” obviously indicates that you think terryhughes is varying and customizin* (there’s another one for you) the substance and meaning of his (her?) criticisms where he (she?) is obviously deliberately repeating the SAME criticism with minimal formal variations to avoid the DISQUS tic. You obviously completely miss his (her?) point.

As the definition of “virtue signaling” reproduced here obviously implies, but which you nevertheless miss, virtue signaling is a substitute for actual thought made possible because it is practiced within or for the benefit of affinity groups consisting of many too people who reinforce each other and in which too many people think too much alike, thereby numbing their minds and causing them to make obvious errors in construing even obvious things those outside the affinity group say. Just as you have done. (There’s a sentence fragment for you to point out!) In other words, virtue signaling obviously is a consequence of a form of group think. It exists because many people have sacrificed the independence of their minds. That’s why pointing out that it is happening in so many comments matters, as terryhughes points out.

In sum, your comments here, all of them, are witless and pretentious and ignorant nonsense. And I’m sure that you have noticed that the word “obviously” and its variants appear often here because you are so good at that kind of thing. The many occurrences of “obviously” and its variants are obviously here because I am drawing attention to the obvious fact that your comments are both shallow and ignorant and full of obvious faults. I wouldn’t ordinarily point out such obvious faults, but sometimes one just has to state the obvious.

Thanks for sharing. I don’t know terryhughes, but I’m sure he (she?) thanks you, too.

• Yodel

I admittedly skimmed your response, but I’ll only take issue with my analysis (and how it functions). I wasn’t analyzing anything – I was just being a masdive duck! Sometimes it’s a tough impulse to transcend. I feel certain that you and Terry can easily relate.

• td2016

Confession is good for the sole.

• Wittgenstein007

This is a monumentally convoluted defense of a monumentally uncomplicated platitude: “be nice to everyone.”

• Sutton Keany

Damn. You bring new meaning to “envy”.

• discuss

I will be nice to you if you pay me 500 dollars per month

• Alexander Volkov Jr.

Cornell alum here — stuff like this is why shitting on Yale is both a hobby and a graduation requirement in Ithaca (:

• residentpoorkid

Wow, I really wish the extent of my struggles as a poor kid at Yale were the “social friction” that occurs when I can’t get Junzi night lunch with my friends, instead of the appointments I have to make with my professors when I can’t finish my homework because I’m working as many hours as my two jobs will allow so I can pay my tuition this semester, or the food stamps my parents will have to stretch over six mouths to feed instead of five when I go home (on a relative’s airline miles, because we couldn’t afford it otherwise) for break, or the constant terror that something will happen to the Medicaid that’s the only insurance my family can afford.

It would be so nice if the potential for class mobility that my eventual Yale degree will doubtlessly afford me upon graduation were magically conferred upon me now, as you seem to think it is. It would be so nice if being at a rich institution fixed my social status and made it so I’ve never wanted for money at all. It would be so nice if Yale weren’t a skewed but workable microcosm of society at large, where poor students continue to have to bump elbows with the grotesque privilege and ignorance of the rich and are — apparently — expected to soothe the troubled feelings that arise when the rich are forced to confront the advantages they enjoy.

But that’s not how anything works. You can make a good and valuable and important point about the inherent benefits we all receive by attending an Ivy League, regardless of class. You can talk about the structures of wealth and reputation that enable Ivy League schools to give us those benefits. You can also do so without being insensitive and willfully obtuse. I would suggest you do.

• Kate

Right on. And a gentle reminder to Kathan and everyone that it would be, actually, super ideal if you thought about doing something VALUABLE with your education that was a pursuit of the common good rather than a salary. Ivy league/college education is an incredible advantage, but many people with B.A.s still have debt and pursue work that is meaningful but doesn’t necessarily elevate them to the upper class.

Basically, EAT THE RICH and DO SOMETHING USEFUL with your education!

• terryhughes

This is empty 1960’s cliches and unbearable thought free virtue signaling.

• Yodel

1960s / thought-free

• isthissatire

wow, i’ve never thought about it like that before. and i never will. i’ve already forgotten what you said, good bye.

• terryhughes

This is empty, unbearable virtue signaling without borders.

• Harvard Student

This guy is an ineffective advocate for a legitimate cause. Really made a poor choice of examples… and now everyone’s triggered.

• td2016

And everyone here shares your sentiment!

• DerfelexCadarn

What the hell did I just read? Oh yeah a self-serving back-patting condescension about how the mean ol’ plebes are to people with power and/or proximity to it. The horror it must be to endure the scorn of people whose lives and traumas and daily struggles are only an abstraction to you.

• camille

I suppose having access to great medical care that’s being denied to people around you, or going out to eat without your roommates who can’t afford it, or having opportunities handed to you through no merit of your own is ~*-*totally awkward*-*~. But that’s not the same as persecution or oppression.

• KielMutiny

Clearly, tomorrow’s Megan McArdle has arrived.

• terryhughes

Nasty empty, unbearable virtue signaling. And name calling. And worse.

• squilliam fancyson

hopefully this is something you look back on after graduation and wince at. have some dignity and tone down the trust fund envy. nobody likes rich tools who wear $900 parkas anyway.

• terryhughes

Masdive empty, unbearable virtue signaling.

• Yodel

Masdive?

• terryhughes

Thank you so much for spotting a typo that autocorrect missed. I’m not going to correct it because that would again take it off line and into YDN screening. But many thanks.

• Yodel

You’re welcome! There’s a comma issue, too, but I’ve found that autocorrect struggles with even a mere five words. Its mechanical inadequacies are irritating.

• thecascott

Is this satire? Please tell me it’s satire.

• terryhughes

This is empty, unbearable virtue signaling.

It’s even worse for those who “liked” it.

• CT14

I really hope real life smacks you hard in the face, soon. Unbelievable.

• Nancy Morris

You come right out and wish for another person to suffer and experience pain? What would you think of someone who wished you to be “smacked hard in the face?” Can you explain why you should not be? Could your comment be any more revealing of an angry, empty soul than you have made it? In your personal bitter winter at least you have the comfort of knowing that the author of this article is highly unlikely to hold towards you the dehumanized sentiments that you viciously express towards him.

All too believable.

• terryhughes

This is despicable virtue signaling.

• Kate

This is totally outrageous and idiotic. As if the burden of having to hide from your buddies which club you’re at or where you’re going on vacation is even remotely a burden. You know that the consequences of concentrated wealth have profound impacts on other people, right? It isn’t just envy? People in this country are literally suffering and dying because of concentrated wealth? You’re a moron. And an offensive one, at that.

• Nancy Morris

Do you enjoy good health, youth and high intelligence, Kate? Do your friends? Are those forms of “privilege?” Might old, sick or unintelligent people envy you for those privileges of yours?

Do you know any old, sick, unintelligent and rich person who would not part with every dollar to have your youth, good health and intelligence?

Do you scrupulously exclude from your conversations comments that might allow others to determine that you are young, intelligent and healthy and not, in fact, afflicted with a terminal illness that will separate you from this life in less than three months, or that you are incapable of understanding, say, directions for obtaining a driver’s license? If not, why not? For example, do you assiduously exclude from your mealtime conversations all comments that suggest you have a good appetite, or are capable of taking exercise, or otherwise manifest your privileges? If not, why not?

Are you an outrageous, idiotic moron, and an offensive, shallow and hypocritical one at that? If not, why not?

My apologies if you are not young, healthy and intelligent.

• Mary Ann

Yes, yes, unlike the author of this article, I can tell that you are absolutely FULL of virtue. Yes. Absolutely full of it.

I can tell that because you have signaled your virtue so clearly in your several comments! Thank you, thank you, thank you for being so clear about how you are so FULL of virtue.

And the people who hav3 “liked” your comments are ALSO just FULL of virtue, which you have thoughtfully allowed them to signal just be clicking on the little arrow.

That was so THOUGHTFUL of you.

• Daniel Mielnik

I know people are going to trash what you wrote. Instead, I want to encourage you to do a bit of research. In actuality, the Ivy League does not compare well to other instistiutions in regards to upwards social mobility. These are mid tier public schools that are actually doing well in that respect. In other words, no they will not be like you because they have a Yale Degree.

• Grateful

So glad Yale University is educating the future Louise Lintons of the world!!

On a more serious note, there isn’t enough research or serious reflection here to be an article, (for example, the most cursory of investigation would show you many of your classmates do and will graduate poor much like a similarly quick look into the word “extrinsic” would teach you how to properly use it.) That being said, your viewpoint would be an exciting and chilling contribution to an ethnography on how class attitudes prevent social mobility and so I encourage you just to submit this to the right sociologist!

• Tim

I’m not from privilege. I know people of privilege who have tried to understand the common person. Here’s the problem: For many of the privileged (that I’ve met), they will never know what it’s like to HAVE to work for a living. I’m not speaking for all. And while their efforts may be sincere, it’s pointless to pretend you can genuinely understand that perspective unless you’re actually there.

• Nancy Morris

I completely disagree. That we owe an obligation of sympathy and understanding to others because they are human, and that obligation is not negated with respect to someone labeled “privileged” by some, is a highly substantive observation. And it is not facile or designed to play to shallow popular tastes.

• Goldie ’08

Your comment would be good if you didn’t routinely display a lack of sympathy and understanding to people labeled “disadvantaged” by some on numerous articles within this very newspaper comment section! Do we not owe them that? Are they not human?

Just talking the talk and nothing more…

• Nancy Morris

You have the whole issue turned upside down. The issue is not whether we have an obligation of sympathy to the disadvantaged, but whether we have such an obligation to all human beings…even those deemed “privileged.” Further, one is not entitled to invent additional free form obligations for those one seems “privileged,” or to deem one’s self entitled to the benefit of such “ burdens.”

Also, you provide no reasoning to support whatever it is you are arguing. Did I mention that you, personally, have the burden to send me 10% of your earnings each month?

• terryhughes

The Cambridge Dictionary defines “virtue signaling” as

“an attempt to show other people that you are a good person, for example by expressing opinions that will be acceptable to them, especially on social media:

“Virtue signalling is the popular modern habit of indicating that one has virtue merely by expressing disgust or favour for certain political ideas or cultural happenings.”

Goldie ‘08, you are there.

• Nancy Morris

I have to agree with terryhughes, Goldie ‘08. Your comment is clearly constructed to omit all substance while insisting on your own substanceless virtue.

Also, your supposed “criticism” of my comment (if that’s what it is) is based entirely on your blanket characterization of your interpretation of other entirely unidentified comments I have left on YDN articles. Is it too much to ask of you to actually comment on an article, or at least identify it. That’s what most non-insane people do.

“Just talking the talk.” No, you give yourself far too much credit. More like just emitting gas.

• Yodel

Where? Wait, how do you identify “Empathy for the Privileged” – political idea, or cultural happening?

• terryhughes

If you ever figure out what you are trying to say, and it’s worth reading, please don’t hesitate to write.

• Mary Ann

Let me see if I understand. You say Nancy’s comment is good on its own. But it’s not good because of OTHER comments Nancy has made on OTHER unidentified articles.

Have I got that right? You actually wrote that?

Goldie ‘08, Nancy’s comment here is either good or it is not. Other comments don’t affect the quality of this one. If you disagree with some other comment, please note that in a response to that comment. Your sweeping, conclusory, unevidenced claim here is pointless and annoying.

Has the thought that your comment is completely crazy and unhinged passed through your mind?

For what it’s worth, while I don’t agree with every word Nancy writes, in my opinion her comments in this very newspaper are mostly very good.

• Coventry Kessler

Dear Kathan, you’re a member of Pauli Murray college, right? Pauli was a friend of mine. You might want to learn more about her life and why she is so honored before you go asking for sympathy for the privileged. In any democracy the burden is on the privileged to demonstrate that they understand their commonality with the rest of us; it’s not for the struggling to somehow understand the burdens of those who are infinitely better off. Not to mention how much suffering the inequality of wealth is causing in this country right now. Reserve your sympathy for those who honestly need it.

• Nancy Morris

It is neither necessary nor appropriate for responses such as this one to immediately degenerate into personal criticism of the author. Stick to the substance of the article, and this article has a good deal of difficult substance.

That Pauli was a friend of yours is nice for you, although Pauli is not around to confirm the depths of any such friendship, but of no significance here, unless you are insinuating that what you write carries particular weight because you knew the prophet. Is your comment intended as a kind of Hadith?

I suggest that you completely rewrite your comment to focus on the expressed thoughts of the author, and leave the unbecoming moral smugness behind. For example, what is the basis for your claiming that “in any democracy the burden is on the privileged to demonstrate that they understand their commonality with the rest of us.” Who died and made you the righteous beneficiary of this “burden” of those you declare “privileged? It’s so generous of you, to yourself, to declare yourself to be among “the rest of us” to whom obligations are owed by those you have never met. There’s an awful lot of smug narcissism and self indulgence in what you write here, and not much in the way of reasoned analysis or respect for the author’s efforts to address a difficult and unpopular topic.

• Bozo Marquzez

Thank you.

• culture_appropriator

is this satire?

• terryhughes

This is more empty, unbearable virtue signaling.

• banzai godzilla

I don’t think so. It sounds like an example of the “I can’t think of something worthwhile, so I will generate a page and half of high-brow crap to meet the deadline” genre. In an academic environment, I give it a C.

• MRI

This is so deeply, deeply embarrassing.

• terryhughes

• MRI

Wait, *my* comment is virtue signaling — or the essay itself?

Because if it’s me, it’s a very weird sort of virtue signaling done totally anonymously. If it’s the essay itself, it’s only signaling vice to me.

• td2016

I don’t mean to be rude, but you seem awfully determined to remain confused, or at least to say you are.

Perhaps you should consider seeking self-affirmation through some means other than the common but admittedly “weird sort of virtue signaling” of anonymous web comments. Of course MOST virtue signaling is anonymous, since it’s done under assumed internet posting names. You already knew that, but wanted a further weird sort of affirmation by anonymously posting something you thought to be clever, also all too common. Not healthy.

The real lesson in all this for you is obviously that you should not post comments in such venues, and instead seek your affirmations in appropriate venues. But I doubt that you will learn it. (O, look, a pronoun over which you can “cleverly” profess confusion! Have at it!)

• ripov

whining about lack of privilege is bad enough, but whining because you feel guilty for having it is insufferable. the reality is there will always be the haves and the have-nots. equality is a mirage. watching society chase it is sometimes entertaining but mostly annoying. justice is nothing more than a made up societal construct that varies depending on the society and even classes within society. the only rule of fairness is nothing is fair. i learned this as a child ffs.
    the modern obsession with what divides instead of what unifies, the polarizing tactics of those who take sides at any cost, people in large groups of other people they dont know who refer to themselves as ‘us’ and other groups as ‘them’, (yeah, ALL of you) are irreparably weakening western civilization as we know it. frankly, i dont really care. let it burn.
    in a century, when some power from within or without that doesnt value this societies fickle sensibilities has taken advantage of that weakness, and all the freedoms and privileges we all, poor and privileged alike, take for granted are no more, our grandchildren will tell stories about the good ole days when people where free to bellyache and moan as much as they liked, and some people
    were able to actually just live their lives, take care of themselves and the person next to them and do the best they could with what they had. i wish i could live long enough to see it all happen, and laugh at every bursting bubble along the way.

• ripov

Nm

• Stan

This may very well be the most snowflake thing ever written.

• leelanau_bear@yahoo.com

Everything that is spoken or written is “virtue signalling”. Just sayin.

• Jenn323

That’s obviously false.

• terryhughes

How could any intelligent person think such nonsense? Did you even check a definition of “virtue signaling?” For example, the Cambridge Dictionary defines it this way:

“Virtue signalling is the popular modern habit of indicating that one has virtue merely by expressing disgust or favour for certain political ideas or cultural happenings.“

You appear to quite literally have no idea what you are talking about.

And the faux-modest, pseudo-conversational “just sayin’” makes it all even more pretentious.

• bf526

poor poor spoiled rich kids, my heart breaks for them having to put up with having all the advantages.Lets cut their taxes and maybe turn that frown upside down.

• Frankie Leung

Some people fly coach. Others have their private jets. What can I do about it.

• Sol

A Yale student wrote this gob of nonsense?
    Oy, the value of the Ivy League education!

• terryhughes

Thank you so much for letting us all know how full of virtue you are with this completely unreasoned emission. I had been so concerned that “Sol” might not be sufficiently virtuous, and now my mind is at ease. Since your comment has no content other than to signal your virtue, why didn’t you just “like” some other virtuous comment. Same content. Same effect. Less effort!

• terryhughes

How interesting! I was thinking the same thing about your comment!

• thatguyJMM

LOL

• Frankie Leung

If you don’t like it, dress like a Khemer Rouge fighter and spit on the rich. America is a capitalistic country. People can dress like the rich or the poor. Learn some thing at Yale.