One of Yale’s main administrative buildings — Whitney Grove Square on Whitney Avenue — remains closed after a fire earlier this week.

At around 10 a.m. on Tuesday, the building was evacuated when an HVAC unit caught fire on the roof. Whitney Grove Square houses the Provost’s Office and the Office of Public Affairs and Communications, as well as retail stores and corporate offices.

The New Haven Fire Department responded to the fire. No one was injured, said University spokesman Tom Conroy, who was one of the people evacuated.

Yale officials were allowed back inside on Tuesday and Wednesday to retrieve personal belongings, Conroy said. But Whitney Grove Square is set to remain closed through the weekend as maintenance crews clean the building and repair the HVAC system.

In the meantime, some of the officials evacuated from the building are working from home, while others have moved to temporary office space in Science Park.

Whitney Grove Square is owned by a partnership that includes Yale and the Konover Commercial Corporation, a real-estate group.

Correction, June 15: A previous version of this article incorrectly stated that the New Haven Police Department responded to the fire. In fact, it was the New Haven Fire Department.

DAVID YAFFE-BELLANY