Shepherded away. A Monday night post in the ‘Overheard at Yale’ Facebook group contained a picture of William Deresiewicz’s ‘Excellent Sheep’ book — famous for its denunciation of an Ivy League Education — on a table reserved for works of fiction in the Yale bookstore.

Resolved. The YPU is hosting former Attorney General Alberto Gonzales this evening to debate whether or not undocumented immigrants should be given American citizenship. Gonzales attended Harvard Law School after graduating from Rice University.

Living dangerously. NeighborhoodScout, a website that aggregates information on cities and neighborhoods across the country, pinpointed New Haven as America’s 26th most dangerous city. The site analyzed data from the FBI’s most recent report on violent crime and also placed the Elm City above three other Connecticut cities — New London, Hartford and Bridgeport — on the list.

It’s because we’re smartA Monday article in Slate profiled the 550-brain collection on the Harvey Cushing/John Hay Whitney Medical Library, where the organs are ominously stored, floating in jars. Cushing, who graduated from Yale College in 1891, collated the set between 1903 and 1932.

Not Mayor HarpAt 7 p.m. today, a group will be performing selections from the historic Sacred Harp songbook. Taking place in Stoeckel Hall, the event will bring together Yalies and locals, singers and non-singers over “tunes inherited from the folk tradition and other forms of hymnody.”

Free at last. On Monday, the Princeton administration announced plans to lift caps on the number of As a department can give students, causing Tigers everywhere to celebrate by retreating to the library. Down with quotas.

Hay day. The School of Art launches a new exhibit out of the 32 Edgewood Avenue Gallery today: “Perception Unfolds: Looking at Deborah Hay’s Dance” somehow combines elements of dance, technology and film into an innovative and artsy display.

Foster’s home. Jodie Foster ’85 is selling her Hollywood home. The ‘Silence of the Lambs’ star is leaving behind a 6,000-square-foot home with a pool.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1955 Results from the News’ campus-wide survey on Greek life are released, showing most students to feel that fraternities should simply serve as social organizations.

Submit tips to Cross Campus

crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

THE YALE DAILY NEWS