#YSustain. The Office of Sustainability kicks off its “Celebrate Sustainability” initiative today, launching an unprecedented number of events for the week. Monday’s lineup includes 10 items, such as a disucssion on food justice and a tour of the Sterling Power Plant. Social media posts about the week’s events will be marked by the #YSustain hashtag.

Morning stretch. One sustainability event will take place from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. today, when Tess Hamilton ’17 is set to lead a hatha yoga session on Cross Campus. Students of all levels of experience and flexibility are encouraged to come and learn how to be one with Yale.

Bulldog, bulldog. NCAA.com featured a piece on Handsome Dan as part of its “Traditions” series. Videos about Iowa’s pink visitors’ locker room and Notre Dame’s “Play Like a Champion Today” sign preceded this weekend’s post, which retold the history of Yale’s mascot — college football’s first live one.

Not East Rock. A group from Yale Outdoors scaled West Rock Ridge’s 700-foot summit this weekend, beating the Friday morning sunrise. The ridge is located in a state park that stretches across the west side of New Haven, as well as Hamden and Woodbridge. It overlooks the Elm City metropolis from the northwest.

Everybody loves nature. On Sunday night, the YCC’s Facebook page shared a letter from Fossil Free Yale that is set to make rounds today as the group hopes to accumulate signatures advocating for divestment.

“Bitcoin is [still] evil.” New York Times columnist Paul Krugman ’74 reaffirmed his disdain for Bitcoin in a blog post entitled “The Long Cryptocon” on Saturday. Krugman, whose models are a central fixture in ECON 184, insists that not much has changed since he penned his “Bitcoin is evil” piece in December, saying he’s not sure that the hot, new currency ‘has any economic value.’

Skin-deep. At 6:30 p.m., Harvard professor Giuliana Bruno will discuss her newest book, “Surface: Matters of Aesthetics, Materiality and Media,” which explores the substance of facades and skins in art, buildings and humans.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY
1964 Silliman College Dean John Palmer, serving the first of his 15 years in the position, opens the first round of interviews for Rhodes Scholarship candidates. The announcement specifies Yale’s unmarried, American students—then all male—between the ages of 18 and 24 as eligible to apply.

THE YALE DAILY NEWS