Back to her roots. Every so often — actually, fairly often -— in the history of the Yale School of Drama, a star is born. Did you notice that Meryl Streep ’75 MFA ’83 DFA (Hon.) was back on campus yesterday? The actress with 18 Oscar nominations to her name revisited the Yale School of Drama to share her priceless wisdom.

Stood up on Valentine’s Day. The CCEs and the YCC joined together to organize a semi-formal Valentine’s Day dinner this past Friday in Silliman. The event was closed to 250 students who RSVP’ed beforehand and each no show cost the groups $13 worth in a meal swipe. According to an email from one of the organizers, they are “currently in debt to three separate organizations.”

Pop-up art. A snow sculpture on the New Haven Green has been named the winner of an outdoor sculpture contest by the New Haven City Department of Parks, Recreation and Trees. The surprisingly modernist sculpture features a massive snowball and a straight line track in the snow. The winner was announced by the city’s Outdoor Adventure Coordinator Martin Torresquintero. A heart-shaped sculpture was also recognized for best “Holiday Spirit.”

Occupy Master’s Tea. “Wall Street is filled with sociopaths who almost broke the world economy,” said Jeffrey Sachs at his Master’s Tea on economics and happiness, held in Berkeley College yesterday. Way to alienate the largest chunk of the Yale audience!

Fine dining. Ibiza has released their new tasting menu, just in time for investment banking interns to celebrate their summer job offers. The swanky menu is inspired by Galicia. Highlights include traditional Galician soup, red wine braised short ribs and caramelized rice pudding, all for the reasonable price of $35.

Another year in natural history. Tuesday was the birthday of George Peabody, who helped establish the Peabody Museum with a $150,000 donation in 1866. “To you, Mr. Peabody, we tip our hats in appreciation,” the museum announced on their Facebook page.

B-School B-Ball. The Yale School of Management recently held its tradition of the Swersey Cup, a basketball game that pits the School of Management’s class of 2014 against the class of 2015. The event was named after Professor Art Swersey, who teaches operations research. The class of 2015 took the win this year.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1968 A new magazine called Alternative hits campus.

Submit tips to Cross Campus crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

THE YALE DAILY NEWS