(?) A cappella groups are like cockroaches in that they will probably outlast us all. The Spizzwinks (?) celebrate their 100th birthday this year. The group was founded a century ago following a night of drinking and revelry at Mory’s (an act which has led to the formation of multiple all male singing groups on campus). Here’s to you Spizzwinks – long live a cappella (?)

A beautiful mess. Writers at the campus’ most respected tabloid – Rumpus Magazine – seem to have begun the process of drafting profiles for their annual 50 Most Beautiful People issue, a ranking which is like the Phi Beta Kappa list except completely watered down by subjectivity and alcoholism.

The road to Pan-Hell is paved with good intentions. Why shop classes when you can shop friendship? The Yale Panhellenic Council held a meet and greet Tuesday evening as official sorority recruitment begins for the spring semester. Remember, a good seminar lasts a semester but sisterhood lasts a lifetime.

This is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. BAR and Caseus Fromagerie are once again collaborating for Tuesday pizza nights. Yesterday’s dinner menu featured a Swiss Raclette pizza. In the vein of campus favorite mash-ups, when can students expect a Ashley’s Ice Cream / Froyoworld crossover?

A shot by any other name is still a shot. Feb Club Emeritus, which carries on the February hard-partying tradition for alumni, has released schedules for next month that span the globe with parties in Paris, Rwanda, Nashville, Mississippi and more.

A race of the races. Author of the 2011 bestseller “Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother,” Amy Chua, has co-published a nonfiction book with her husband Jeb Rubenfeld explaining why certain cultural groups make superior parents. “The Triple Package” names these eight demographics as exceptional: Jewish, Indian, Chinese, Iranian, Lebanese-Americans, Nigerians, Cuban exiles, and Mormons. WASPs were snubbed.

Another drop out success story. In 2011, Dan Friedman left Yale to take advantage of a $100,000 Thiel Fellowship. Friedman was most recently named in Forbes 30 under 30 for 2014 in the social entrepreneurs category.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1949Yale Station attempts to install innovative automatic stamp dispensers. Although a well-intentioned scheme, the stamp machines, in classic Yale Station style, have begun swallowing the pocket change of Elis while producing no stamps.

Submit tips to Cross Campus crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

THE YALE DAILY NEWS