The After Party. Expectations are high for Yalies entering politics. Two years ago, Steve Berke ’03 ran for mayor of Miami Beach as a member of the ‘After Party’ with a platform focused on legalizing pot. Berke went so far as to parody Macklemore’s “Thrift Shop” with the music video, “Pot Shop,” as part of his campaign. This year, Berke is running once again and a camera crew from MTV2 is chronicling his bid for the mayoral seat, according to the Yale Alumni Magazine.

Pirate law. Prior to the final public debate of the mayoral election on Tuesday, two men dressed up as pirates — with full attire and accents to match — passed out fliers to attendees. The literature raised allegations that Renaissance Management —  the real estate company currently owned by the son of mayoral candidate Toni Harp ARC ’78 — poorly maintained its properties and has, so to speak,  plundered finances of citizens. The protesters also invited citizens to a ‘Slumlord Party.’ Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

101 Frocos. Old Campus can expect to be overrun by a pack of identically-dressed freshmen counselors on Halloween. The frocos are coordinating their holiday costumes and donning spots, ears and tails in the likeness of 101 Dalmatians. Freshmen, beware —now the frocos on duty will be even more adept at sniffing out alcohol and tomfoolery.

Baseball and brains. In a Red Sox vs. Tigers game last week, FOX broadcaster Tim McCarver referred to Craig Breslow ’02 as the most intelligent player in the Major League. Breslow has the degree to back it up, with a major in molecular biophysics and biochemistry under his belt. “Breslow uses words in a normal conversation that I’m not used to,” admitted Red Sox manager John Farrell according to an article in the Jewish Telegraphic Agency.

Girls carrying guns. The princesses in a new web series from Taylor Vaughn Lasley ’12 are not waiting around for their knights in shining armor. “Black Ops: Disney Princesses” stars Jasmine, Belle, Ariel and Snow White as members of a Central Intelligence Agency team dedicated to international counter-terrorism. Here’s hoping for their happily ever after.

App for everything. The 2013 New Haven mayoral election — turns out there’s an app for that. Democratic candidate Toni Harp ARC ’78 unveiled a new campaign app on Friday.

This day in Yale history 1964. The Inter-fraternity Council pledges to curb pranks from their pledge members. The move comes after members of Beta Theta Pi were caught stealing wood from a faculty member.

Submit tips to Cross Campus crosscampus@yaledailynews.com.

THE YALE DAILY NEWS