A section of Yale Law School was evacuated Monday afternoon after a fire broke out.
New Haven Fire Department trucks responded to a call around 1 p.m. at the front entrance of the Law School building on Wall St. between High St. and York St. The fire was started by a faulty relay in an electrical box, said NHFD Captain Tom Quinn. He added that the fire was contained in the elevator machine room within 15 minutes.
While the staff in the office section of the building were evacuated, both the Wall St. and the High St. sides were closed to traffic. These streets were open again by 1:30.
Yale Law School Director of Public Affairs Jan Conroy said that the fire caused no significant damage.