In the wake of this weekend’s meeting of the Yale Corporation, Woodbridge Hall says it is preparing to release an update about Yale’s financial health. A message could be sent to the University community as early as Tuesday.

Speaking to the News late Sunday evening, University President Richard Levin said the Corporation spent much of its time discussing Yale’s budget and finances. The University’s highest governing body also heard preliminary reports on planning for the West Campus and the two new residential colleges, Levin said.

It is still unclear whether those projects — or others — will be at all affected by the nation’s economic woes. But Levin said in the interview that he would communicate with the Yale community this week about the University’s financial condition and budgeting strategies for the future.

Corporation records are sealed for 50 years, but in keeping with tradition, the president shed light on this weekend’s proceedings in the interview on Sunday night.

Members of the Corporation began their visit to campus with dinner on Thursday night, where they were joined by Tony Blair, the former British Prime Minister who last week finished his first semester of teaching at Yale.

On Friday, committees of the Corporation held their meetings. Levin said many of those sessions occurred in the newly dedicated Rudolph Hall and Loria Center complex. The next day, when the Corporation met as a whole, members of the Buildings and Grounds Committee shared an early view of the two new residential colleges being designed by Robert A.M. Stern ARC ’65, the dean of the Yale School of Architecture.

“It was a very exciting presentation,” Levin said. “We mostly looked at the program and the notion of the shaping of the buildings and the sizes of the courtyards. But we were all quite inspired and think Dean Stern is making excellent progress.”

Levin emphasized, though, that the report was “very preliminary.” A more thorough examination of Stern’s plans is expected to take place at the Corporation’s next meeting, scheduled for February.

The newly appointed vice president for West Campus planning and program development, Michael Donoghue, also presented to the Corporation. Levin said his report was focused on the “two strands” of the West Campus — facilities for scientific research, and for the storage of Yale’s many collections.

The Corporation’s time at Yale, then, was split between discussions of ambitious planning and of a difficult economy. After discussions of the new colleges and the West Campus, “basically the rest of the meeting was devoted to the finances,” Levin said.

Check back at yaledailynews.com later this week for coverage of Yale’s impending financial announcement.