Dear Leader. The weekly Woad’s email became a surprising source of breaking news last night when it announced that President Peter Salovey will take to the (typically debaucherous) Toad’s stage on Sunday for a concert with his legendary, the Professors of Bluegrass. Welcome to our world, Mr. President.   

They’re coming. Get ready for a whole lot of high schoolers in ill-fitting suits. YMUN, a.k.a. YIRA’s Super Bowl, kicks off this evening. Actually, they’re probably all picking up copies of the News and reading this right now, so nevermind. Enjoy New Haven, kids.    

Bain Shack. Addendum: Anyone walking around in a well-fitting suit tonight is probably on his or her way to the Bain Associate Consultant Internship Case Demonstration event at Shake Shack. Good move — this could make up for the fact that McKinsey had much better food at its fall info session.

Told you so. Tyler Varga ’15 is doing the blue and white very proud over at pre-Senior Bowl workouts in Mobile, Ala. Fansided’s NFLMocks.com profiled the sturdy running back, his “227 pounds of chiseled muscle” and the cult following that he’s starting to develop on Twitter for his performance so far.   

Old dogs, new tricks. The 2014-15 men’s hockey team doesn’t look like the typical Keith Allain ’80 squad, swapping out offensive firepower for rock-solid defense this year. And the rest of the college hockey world is starting to notice, as evidenced by the USCHO.com feature on “the top defensive team in the country.” Don’t jinx it.

Lone dogs, old flick. Screenings at the Whitney Humanities Center tonight will include “Lone Wolves and Stray Dogs,” evidently the archetypal Japanese crime film since its 1931 release.

Through his lens. Today at 4:30 p.m., Morse Master Amy Hungerford is hosting photojournalist Peter Van Agtmael ’03 for a tea, where the Pierson alumnus will walk through some of his best shots and … discuss how one can find vocation in life? That escalated quickly.     

Na-na na na, hey, hey, hey. Bronx, N.Y., resident Johnny “Na-Na” De Los Santos was sentenced to 97 months in prison for his role in running an Elm City cocaine ring, per a ruling by the U.S. District Court yesterday. Goodbye.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 2014 Doug Hausladen ’04 is named the city’s new director of the Department of Transportation by Mayor Toni Harp after serving as Ward 7 alder since 2011.

Follow the News on Twitter. @yaledailynews

THE YALE DAILY NEWS