Uncategorized | 9:44 am | October 20, 2010 | By The Yale Daily News

The Yale Daily News is in print — again

YN1020A01

Despite what your e-mail inbox may say, the Yale Daily News appeared in print this morning, just as it has most days for the past 132 years.

In a Wednesday morning e-mail purporting to be from the News’ managing board of 2010, an anonymous writer told members of the Yale community that the News would not publish a print edition today.

The News was, in fact, printed.

The News will print another issue Thursday, and another Friday.

One part of the e-mail, then, is true: “We look forward to starting anew tomorrow.”

UPDATE: October 20, 2010, 1:02 p.m.

Although stacks of the News were removed from dining halls and other campus buildings after they were distributed this morning, copies of the News are once again available in Commons, dining halls and other locations throughout campus. We apologize for the delay.

• yale

Thank goodness. but who stole the papers?

• Leah

There weren’t any in JE at 9:30am. Are you redistributing?

• PA3

Maybe the anonymous person also stole the papers. Good try to make the News look good – but they seem to not want any of it.

• trent

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Yale12

pundits are awesome!

• 1Y1

When the YDN refuses to apologizes for mud-slinging and irresponsible journalism, this is what happens. Hate to say I told you so…

• yale

This clearly does not actually have anything to do with the News Views opinion piece.

• d11

Its time to apologize, YDN. Regain your credibility.

• YaleMom

This is no joke! Looks some of the those Pranksters haven’t read a little thing called **The Constitution**. Check out the first Amendment, kiddos!!!

• br2010

Notice there was no response email to the Yale community. Why? That would mean the YDN would have to apologize for not actually wanting to take the time to reexamine their voice on campus. The YDN seems particularly cool with ignoring the obvious reasons behind these actions.

• waitaminute

Okay, wait a minute. I really appreciated that fake apology for a good hour this morning. “We misrepresented the student voice” is exactly what I wanted to hear, and I definitely wasn’t mourning a missing YDN today. DO something, YDN. Stop shrugging your shoulders at this now-national fiasco.

• lauragottesdiener2010

@Waitaminute:
    Agreed.
    And for any alumni that missed out on the fake apology, here you go.

To the Yale community:
    We at the Yale Daily News want to apologize for responding thoughtlessly and offensively to recent events on campus. The new editorial board is going to take time to respond to and rectify our mistakes. To begin, and to show how seriously we take our role in the Yale community and the opinions of our readers, we are holding a “moment of silence” for journalism. Today we will not print.
    Instead, we will meet as a board and discuss a way to restore integrity and to bring together the voices of Yale students, voices we grossly misrepresented. The results of today’s discussion and a further apology will be included in tomorrow’s issue. We look forward to starting anew tomorrow.
    Sincerely,
    The 2010 Editorial Board of the Yale Daily News

• Harbinger904

wow, I took that seriously and was fairly heartened to get that e-mail. Disappointed again…

• 1Y1

You guys just keep making your own mess worse.

• Pingback: Homepage

• Pingback: bulk sms premium sms hlr sms hubing smsc mtr mo mt mobile ticketing mobile payments asia thailand laos vietnam indonesia singapore europe latin america cambodia hong kong sms content platform labroc server plaza mobile

• Pingback: paleo dessert recipes

• Pingback: outdoor kleding

• Pingback: football training, football training drills, training for football, click here, now, more info

• Pingback: Reverse Osmosis Filter

• Pingback: Clicking here

• Pingback: porn

• Pingback: car detail shop in phoenix az

• Pingback: Vakantiewoningen

• Pingback: football game

• Pingback: online geld verdienen

• Pingback: NHCPS on Twitter