Yale Athletics

The No. 10 Yale women’s lacrosse team (12–1, 6–0 Ivy) dominated Cornell University (7–7, 2–4 Ivy) at Schoellkopf Field in Ithaca, securing a decisive 21–8 victory and clinching the Ivy League Title. 

“My favorite moment of the game was the final ten second countdown, running to congratulate our goalie and holding up the trophy!” Taylor Everson ’25 wrote to the News.

Right from the opening whistle, the Bulldogs asserted their dominance, rattling off the first five goals, with Sky Carrasquillo ’25 finding the net just 21 seconds into the game. By halftime, Yale boasted a commanding nine-goal lead.

This triumph propels Yale to a flawless 6–0 record in Ivy League play, with only one conference match remaining this season. The Bulldogs, who beat second-place No. 17 Princeton University (9–5, 5–1 Ivy) earlier this year and thus have the head-to-head tiebreaker for the No. 1 seed, will host the Ivy League Tournament May 3 and 5. This victory marks the first time in school history that Yale has reached a 12–1 overall record.

The game showcased standout performances, including Everson’s five-goal haul, Carrasquillo’s four-goal contribution, and a Fallon Vaughn ’25 hat-trick.

After their win on Saturday against Cornell, they moved from the No. 10 to No. 8 spot. 

On Monday, the No. 8 Yale team traveled to Colorado to face off against the No. 12 Denver squad at Saint Joseph’s Sweeney Field, ultimately falling short in a tense 12–11 contest.

In a back-and-forth battle, the Bulldogs managed to seize an 11–10 advantage, only for Denver to stage a late rally, netting the final two goals, including the game-winner a mere 1.4 seconds before the final buzzer.

Despite the narrow defeat, the game remained tightly contested throughout, with neither team holding a lead of more than three goals at any juncture, and the score deadlocked on eight separate occasions.

A standout performance came from Jenna Collignon ’25, who secured a hat-trick and converted all three of her shots on goal.

“Even though it was not the outcome we wanted, it was a valuable learning experience,” Collignon wrote to the News. “Going into the Ivy League tournament, we now have that experience of what tight games feel like and can use that for better game clock management and capitalizing opportunities. I also think every one of us will be able to use this as motivation going forward. We are all incredibly passionate and competitive and this will only push us forward.”

Looking forward, the Bulldogs are gearing up for their Senior Day matchup against Columbia University (4–10, 0–6 Ivy) at Reese Stadium this Saturday at 3:30 p.m.