Nathaniel Rosenberg, Contributing Photographer

The “doxxing truck,” part of conservative advocacy group Accuracy in Media’s “Campus Accountability Campaign,” continued to drive around New Haven for a third consecutive day. On Saturday, it displayed the names and photos of both Yale and Harvard students as the schools came together for the annual Yale-Harvard football game

The truck first appeared on campus on Thursday, Nov. 16, rotating through the names and photos of students whom it deems “leading antisemities” on its digital billboards. By Friday, the truck had targeted at least 15 Yale graduate students, of which at least 12 are students of color, as well as at least two undergraduates. 

By Saturday, the doxxing campaign in New Haven was targeting both Yale and Harvard students — many of whom had likely come to town for The Game. At 11:49 a.m., Accuracy in Media wrote in an X post that they were at annual football showdown to expose “the antisemites at Harvard and Yale.”

“No matter how much we are harassed, students at Harvard and Yale will know who on campus espouses vile antisemitic views,” the post said.

On Friday afternoon, the doxxing truck was involved in a traffic incident on campus. 

A News staff member witnessed the incident and recorded a video of the truck driving next to a car. The video shows the back of the car shaking slightly as the truck drives by and makes a bumping sound. In the video, the unidentified driver shouts “you hit my car!” two times and honks at the truck. The truck continues to drive, and the car follows behind.

On Saturday, Yale Police Chief Anthony Campbell ’95 DIV ’09 told the News that the police department received “third hand information” about the incident and is investigating.

At 5:17 p.m. on Saturday, AIM wrote in a separate X post that its doxxing truck had been vandalized with a rock thrown at one of the digital billboards, damaging the screen. 

In response to the doxxing truck’s arrival on campus, over 100 Yale faculty, staff and community members signed on to an open letter on Nov. 17, where they pledged to protect free speech and nonviolent assembly on campus, amplify students’ “cries for justice” and maintain “curious, critical, open spaces” for students to learn, in and out of the classroom.

They also wrote that if censoring takes place, they are prepared for “nonviolent direct action, up to and including arrest,” to protect students’ free speech.

“We are gravely concerned about the vicious targeting, public shaming, and surveillance of faculty and students of color in particular,” the letter said. “These forms of harassment, along with other efforts to silence dissent to Israel’s ongoing assault on Gaza, halt critical thinking on a campus dedicated to ‘light and truth.’ They are unacceptable, and we will do all we can to protect all of our students, especially from outside groups seeking to constrict dialogue on our campus.”

Yale has officially denounced the doxxing incidents, writing in a statement on Nov. 16 that they have reached out to students who appeared on the trucks “to provide support and resources,” the statement reads. The University Registrar emailed students on Nov. 17 with a “Student Directory Opt-out Option,” to inform students of the steps to removing their name from Yale’s directory. While the Nov. 17 email did not at all mention the doxxing campaign, it reflected similar guidance as in one of the resources promoted on Nov. 16. 

The University added that the Yale Police Department is investigating the trucks.

“The university denounces this cowardly act of harassment and attempted intimidation,” Yale said on Nov. 16.

AIM’s trucks have previously been at Harvard University on Oct. 11 and Columbia University on Oct. 25. The group is currently facing litigation for its doxxing campaign by one student who appeared on the truck.

The Yale Bowl is located at 81 Central Ave.

Correction, Nov. 22: A previous version of this article said the described traffic incident took place on Thursday, Nov. 16; it transpired on Friday, Nov. 17, and the piece has been amended accordingly.

Update, Nov. 22: The truck had broadcasted the names and faces of undergraduate students in addition to graduate students by Friday afternoon; the article has been updated accordingly. 

TRISTAN HERNANDEZ
Tristan Hernandez is the 147th Editor in Chief and President of the Yale Daily News. He previously served as a copy editor and covered student policy & affairs and student life for the University desk. Originally from Austin, Texas, he is a rising junior in Pierson College majoring in political science.
ESMA OKUTAN
Esma Okutan is the graduate schools reporter for the News. Originally from Istanbul, Turkey, she is a sophomore in Jonathan Edwards studying economics.