Yash Roy, Contributing Photographer

The Bulldogs won big in the 139th Yale-Harvard showdown, as a 23-18 victory in The Game brought the Bulldogs to a 5-2 league record. With another loss under their belt after today’s showing, the Crimson holds the same record as the Bulldogs — and the two teams now share this year’s Ivy League Championship. This is the Bulldogs’ second consecutive year winning the title, as Yale claimed solo possession of the Ivy football crown last year.

Boola Boola!

— Collyn Robinson ’25, Multimedia Managing Editor, and Anika Arora Seth ’25, Editor in Chief & President

Live updates from the Yale Bowl below

Fourth quarter

The clock is out. Bulldogs win, 23-18. With today’s Crimson defeat, Yale has earned its second consecutive Ivy football crown, as Yale and Harvard are tied at an overall league record of 5-2. 

Harvard brings it up to 18, but Yale still holds 23. Less than 30 seconds remain in The Game.

Yale brings it back as the Bulldogs score a touchdown and flip The Game back to their lead, 23-17.

With 7:42 left in the fourth quarter, Harvard intercepts a pass from quarterback Nolan Grooms ’24. 

The Crimson turns it around and picks up a narrow lead, 18-17, after scoring a touchdown with roughly 10 minutes on the clock.

Now approaching the final stretch, Harvard’s Jaden Craig runs 7 yards and scores a touchdown for the Crimson. With 14:57 left in the fourth quarter, the Bulldogs’ lead is narrowing as the score stands at 17-12. 

– Anika Arora Seth, Editor in Chief & President

Third quarter

The Bulldogs come back biting as Nathan Denney ’25 completes a 4-yard run for a touchdown, bringing the score to 17-6. The third quarter has 4:42 on the clock.

Halftime

1:47 p.m.

Some individuals in the Yale stands can be seen waving signs calling for ceasefire, banners reading “Free Palestine” and Palestinian flags. No large-scale protest took place on the field. 

Photo by Samad Hakani, Photography Editor

As The Game continues, the “doxxing truck” — which arrived at Yale on Thursday, Nov. 16 — was seen near the Yale Bowl this morning. By Friday, the truck had broadcasted the names and faces of at least 15 Yale graduate students, most of whom are of color. Today, the truck displays the names and faces of both Yale and Harvard students labeled as “Leading Antisemites” from their respective schools.

The truck has also made previous visits to other schools, including Harvard and Columbia University, and was last seen in Cambridge in mid-October.

1:33 p.m.

There appears to be strong police presence on the field — certainly stronger than in 2021, the last time Yale hosted The Game. Yesterday, the University announced in an email to students that “unauthorized spectators” who attempt to access the field could be subject to arrest. The University did not tell the News whether the email, which also barred large signs and banners, came in response to escalating campus tensions related to the war in Israel and Gaza.

Photo by Yash Roy, Contributing Photographer

Second quarter

Harvard is trying to catch up. The Crimson sacks and runs, scoring a touchdown and bringing the score to 10-6 with 1:08 remaining in the second.

The Bulldogs bag a touchdown, with quarterback Nolan Grooms ’24 passing to wide receiver Ryan Lindley ’24, at 10:28 left in the second quarter. The score stands at 10-0.

First quarter

Yale takes the lead with a field goal at 1:05 remaining in the first, making the score 3-0. Kicker/punter Jack Bosman ’24 makes it in. 

– Spencer King, Sports Editor

Game Day, 9:00 a.m.

The Yale football team (6–3, 4–2 Ivy) will look to defeat the visiting Harvard Crimson (8–1, 5–1 Ivy) in the 139th edition of The Game to earn a share of the Ivy League Championship. If they succeed, the Bulldogs will earn their second consecutive Ivy League title — albeit one shared with Harvard. 

This might be the first football game that many Elis have ever seen — if this sounds like you, we at the News have put together a guide to football that might help you out going into game day. You can also check out this more in-depth preview of this year’s Yale-Harvard game. 

This year’s game day also brings with it new restrictions on posters and protests. On Friday morning, University administrators emailed students prohibiting “large banners or signs” and informing them that “unauthorized spectators” who try to access the field will be escorted out of the Bowl and could be arrested. 

In anticipation of The Game, it is also crucial to understand the stakes. The Bulldogs enter this year’s showdown sitting in second place in the Ivy League. The Crimson holds the top spot. But if Yale takes down Harvard today, the teams will tie at five-conference wins, making the Bulldogs back-to-back champions. 

Most of all, enjoy the day and go cheer on Team 150! It has been an amazing year, with lots to cheer for, so here’s hoping for one more win on the season!

– Spencer King, Sports Editor

YALE DAILY NEWS