Kate Estevez

Calling all music aficionados — if you’re going to read an article today this should be the one you read. Yes, we love our Woads concert with TV Girl and Declan McKenna, but if you’re looking for a real concert, we have to expand past the bounds of the Green and Science Hill. Welcome to your concert guide for October.

1. Starting with objectively the best genre: hip-hop

In October, we see some special features from NLE Choppa, A Boogie Wit A Hoodie, Lil Skies and Lil Uzi Vert. NLE visits Webster Theater, located conveniently in Hartford, CT, on Oct. 15 and tickets are selling fast. If you’re willing to make the trek during fall break, Boogie is traveling to Amherst, MA on Oct. 17 to perform at the Mullins Center. On Halloween, if you’re leaning more towards the treat side of trick or treating go see Lil Uzi Vert at the MGM Music Hall in Boston.   

1. Next is a tie for the best genre: R&B

Daniel Caesar visits the Big Apple on Oct. 17 with Omar Apollo and Montell Fish to perform his most recent album, “Superpowers.” Two days later, if you’re interested in spending fall break in NYC go see Ms. Lauren Hill and the Fuguees as they make their appearance in Brooklyn at 7:30 p.m. In the later weeks, Joji performs on Oct. 27 and Oct. 29 in NYC and Boston respectively. 

1. This is ranked third on this list but let’s be real, it’s definitely also first place: Latin music.

Starting off strong in four days Maluma graces Boston with his presence in the Agganis Arena. Whether you know her from her collab with Doja Cat or you’re an OG fan, BIA is a must-see on Oct. 16 at Irving Plaza in NYC for “The Really Her” Tour. Even if you love your latin hip-hop we still must acknowledge the older pop released from Enrique Iglesias. Go show Enrique some love on Oct. 21 at TD Garden in Boston. Last in this month — but certainly not last in our hearts — is the ever-so-famous El Alfa. The King of Dembo travels to the streets of Boston on Oct. 28 for his performance at the Agganis Arena. 

1. This ranking is entirely objective. I own that. Pop is fourth.

In line with its ranking, we see a paltry amount of note-worthy pop concerts this month. Starting off with Fred Again in three days (so act fast!) this DJ travels to the suburbs of NYC to perform in Forest Hills Stadium at the West Side Tennis Club. (Pro-tip, if you choose to go to this concert, visit the Forest Cafe two blocks over and get the Forest Spice Latte. Thank me later.) On Oct. 15, Thundercat visits the MGM Music Hall in Boston with notable admittance prices as low as $55 (including fees). Next in line is arguably one of the best pop artists of all time: Billy Joel. If you want to be an Uptown Girl in midtown Manhattan, go visit this pop phenomenon at Madison Square Garden on Oct. 20 and let him put you in a New York State of Mind. 

Midterms got you down? Go dance your troubles away (or silently nod your head, whatever you’re into) at these concerts this month!