Jenny Huang

Yale’s pre-orientation programs provide a great way for first years to make friends and get oriented to Yale through fun activities. However, the programs that incoming Yalies choose not only help them create long term friendships; they also provide a pretty good indication of their personalities. Yale is full of future — and current — celebrities, but if some of our favorite celebrities went to our university, these are the pre-orientation programs I think they’d pick:

Lorde: Harvest

Her latest album is all about enjoying the little things and being one with nature and the light. Acquainting yourself with Yale and bonding with new people by farming is a wholesome way to begin your college journey, and the newly reinvented Lorde would fit in perfectly with the Harvest kids.

Rihanna: FOCUS

Talented, philanthropic and overwhelming in the best way possible. Both Rihanna and students in FOCUS are successful at everything that they do. They use their talents to help the people around them, and this commitment that Rihanna exemplifies through everything that she does is why she’d be right at home at FOCUS.

Robert Pattinson: First-year Outdoor Orientation Trips

On the one hand, I feel like there’s no way that he’d even go near an orientation program that is built around completing a challenging hike. But at the same time, I feel like his manic energy would make him the perfect candidate to survive the wilderness and exhaustion that I admire FOOT students for being able to thrive in.

Lupita Nyong’o: Cultural Connections

Not only is she one of the greatest, most successful actors, but she is also a champion of celebrating diversity and empowering communities. The Yalies in Cultural Connections help create a strong sense of community, while also discussing issues facing different communities and advocating for underrepresented people.

Priyanka Chopra: Orientation for International Students

Moving to the United States is a huge cultural change, and OIS played such a significant role in helping me find a community of friends and get used to living here. Priyanka Chopra had a wildly successful career in India, and she’s also making waves in the US. Honestly though, with how well she’s fitting in, I don’t really think she’d need it. But she would make a great counselor, helping ease the transition for others.

EESHA BODAPATI