The Yale women’s swimming and diving team earned a pair of decisive victories over the weekend, crushing Ivy League foes Dartmouth and Penn by 252–48 and 221–79 margins, respectively, to stay undefeated against Ivy League competition.

The Elis dominated the diving competition on Friday, sweeping the podium in both the 1-meter and 3-meter events. Lilybet MacRae’17 grabbed gold with a score of 296.35 in the 1-meter event; her performance was followed closely by Hannah Walsh ’19, McKenna Tennant ’18 and Talbott Paulsen ’19, who rounded out the top four. Yale’s Olivia Loucks ’17 and Samantha Traina ’20, though denoted as exhibition divers for the event, registered fifth and sixth place finishes, respectively. 

The 3-meter event brought similar results, with Bulldog divers again grabbing the top four positions. Paulsen placed first with a score of 316.95, followed by Walsh, Tennant and MacRae. In both the 1-meter and 3-meter events, the Bulldogs first-place finisher bested the highest placing Dartmouth or Penn participant by over fifty points, establishing a torrid start to the two-day meet.

Yale swimmers replicated the divers’ strong performance on Saturday. The Elis captured first place in 13 of 14 total events and swept the podium in four events: the 100-yard backstroke, 100-yard freestyle, 200-yard backstroke and 200-yard individual medley.

In a day full of impressive performances, highlights included a nearly six-second margin of victory in the 1000-yard freestyle by Cailley Silbert ’18, two first-place finishes and a second-place finish in the 200-freestyle, 100-freestyle and 50-freestyle from Kina Zhou ’17 and the Elis’ strong relay performance to win both the 200-yard medley relay and 400-yard relay.

The Bulldogs are back in action on Jan. 13 as they travel to Penn State for a tri-meet with the Nittany Lions and Rutgers.

NATE REPENSKY