The winner of its last two games, the Yale men’s basketball team extended its win streak and remained perfect at home with an 81–63 rout of Delaware on Saturday.

Despite struggling early in the contest, Yale (5–4, 0–0 Ivy) dominated in the second half, shooting 50 percent from three-point range and holding the Blue Hens (5–4, 0–0 Colonial) to just 27 points in the final 20 minutes.

“I feel that we are playing as well as anyone in the league especially given our opponents and our schedule,” head coach James Jones said. “I feel that we’ll have a chance to be relevant [in the Ivy League] and that is all you could ever ask for. If we can get better from this date, we have a chance to be special.”

Delaware led by three with 10 minutes to play in the first half, but the Bulldogs found their rhythm in the final 10 minutes, building as large as a 12-point advantage after a 19–4 run late in the half. Yale failed to capitalize on several opportunities in the first half to expand its lead. The Blue Hens turned the ball over eight times in the first half and committed 10 fouls, but the Elis did not convert on the sloppy play, shooting just 50 percent from the free throw line in the opening 20 minutes.

Nevertheless, Yale carried a 41–36 lead into halftime following a halfcourt buzzer-beater from Delaware guard Anthony Mosley to send the teams to the locker rooms. Captain and guard Anthony Dallier ’17 and forward Jordan Bruner ’20 led the Bulldogs with eight points apiece at the half.

“I was just trying to get back into a rhythm,” Bruner said. “I knew the shots weren’t going to fall as I wanted them to but I’m trying to get my chemistry with my teammates and fit in where they needed me.”

Forward Blake Reynolds ’19 came out of the locker room hot to start the second half. The sophomore hit two three-pointers from virtually the same spot, propelling Yale back to a 13-point lead just four minutes into the period. Reynolds tallied 16 points on the afternoon on 4–7 perimeter shooting to go along with five rebounds and three assists.

Looking to close out the contest, guard Alex Copeland ’19 took control down the stretch for the Bulldogs. The Los Angeles native scored 12 points in the final 11 minutes, finishing the game with a team-high 17 in his second consecutive start.

Dallier and Bruner also scored in double figures on Saturday, with 13 and 12 points, respectively.

Yale will have little time to rest following Saturday’s victory. The Bulldogs return to action at home against Central Connecticut State at 7 p.m. on Tuesday.

MATTHEW MISTER