Both the Yale women’s and coed sailing teams found themselves in first place at their respective regattas this past weekend as the two teams prepare to take on upcoming championship events.

The women’s team claimed its second win of the season at the President’s Trophy hosted by Boston University. Meanwhile, the coed team picked up its sixth first-place finish on the season competing at home in the Owen, Mosbacher and Knapp Trophies. The coed team also sent two other Yale delegations to the Thompson Trophy and the Oberg Trophy where the two squads finished first and seventh, respectively.

The No. 1 women’s team braved the shifty conditions of the Charles well on Saturday and Sunday, finishing first out of 14 teams, and besting both No. 3 Brown and No. 4 Bowdoin. Skipper Casey Klingler ’18 and crew Isabelle Rossi de Leon ’17 sailed in the A division, placing second with 57 points behind George Washington University. In her debut regatta for the women’s team, crew Caroline Cowell ’18 and skipper Marly Isler ’16 finished third among B division teams with an identical 57 points.

As Isler noted, the Bulldogs’ success serves as a testament to their hard work and should encourage them to continue pushing as they head into national qualifiers this week.

“As an entire team, I think it’s important to put each regatta weekend, result and race behind us immediately after they happen,” Isler said. “If Yale is ranked first in the college sailing rankings or wins a regatta, we need to acknowledge that our hard work is paying off and continue practicing just as hard.”

After qualifying for the national championship last week, the coed team returned to action by winning what is essentially the Ivy League championships for college sailing. The delegation for the Bulldogs — which included skippers Graham Landy ’15 and Morgan Kiss ’15 as well as crews Katherine Gaumond ’15, Charlotte Belling ’16, Emily Johnson ’16 and Natalya Doris ’17 — finished first out of 18 teams and 43 points ahead of second-place Harvard. In the A division, Landy, Gaumond and Belling finished with 25 points while the B division squad consisting of Kiss, Johnson and Doris finished with 31.

The win marks the fourth consecutive year that the Bulldogs have won this regatta. Landy stated that the win was even sweeter sailing at Yale’s home venue.

“I’ve always enjoyed competing at home… our venue offers some of the better sailing conditions found in college sailing,” Landy said. “A few students even showed up to spectate, so it was great to have supporters from the Yale community come and watch.”

The No. 1 coed team also competed at the Thompson Trophy hosted by Connecticut College this weekend, where a delegation consisting of skippers Ian Barrows ’17, Mitchell Kiss ’17 and Malcolm Lamphere ’18 as well as crews Meredith Megarry ’17, Clara Robertson ’17, Chandler Gregoire ’17 and Doris finished first out of 18 teams. Along with the women’s team, another delegation from the coed squad sailed on the Charles this weekend in the Oberg trophy hosted by Northeastern. On the Charles, the team finished seventh out of 13 teams.

Sarah Smith ‘15 noted that the events this weekend showed the depth of the coed team.

“The Charles River can provide some tricky sailing conditions and it is important to stay focused and upbeat,” Smith said. “Everyone really showed that they can compete at the highest level.”

The women’s team will compete in the Reed Trophy hosted by Boston College this upcoming weekend as they hope to qualify for the national championships. The coed team will also head to Boston for the Boston Dinghy Cup this Saturday and Sunday.