In a final effort to pull votes for Gov. Dannel Malloy, Congresswoman Rosa DeLauro rode through New Haven streets yesterday, proclaiming support for Malloy through a loudspeaker.

DeLauro, expected to win her 13th term in a landslide, has directed campaign funds toward campaigning for Malloy, who is competing in a much tighter race against Republican Tom Foley. The congresswoman did a “roving canvass” on Monday, riding in the back of a car and addressing New Haven residents over loudspeaker.

DeLauro’s last push is part of the larger Democratic strategy to maximize voter turnout in New Haven, which, according to state Senate Majority Leader Martin Looney, involves reaching out to every resident who has previously expressed interest in voting for Malloy.

“We’re all working together,” DeLauro’s campaign manager Jimmy Tickey said. “When we go out and talk to voters, we’re talking about the entire Democratic ballot.”

DeLauro has raised over $1 million for her campaign this year and is running a coordinated campaign with Malloy and the other Democratic candidates, according to Tickey. Her opponent, James Brown — a former high school math teacher and track coach at Connecticut public schools — is a first-time candidate for U.S. Congress. He has been campaigning with a budget of $6,600.

With her chances of victory more secure than the governor’s, DeLauro has focused her energy on generating a large New Haven turnout for Malloy.

“Congresswoman DeLauro has been an effective surrogate and has done everything she can to help us in the New Haven area,” said Mark Bergman, a spokesman for the Malloy campaign.

Bergman added that the campaign will continue to implement its “ground game” by canvassing across neighborhoods to turn out the vote today.

Ward 1 Alder Sarah Eidelson ’12 also spent the day canvassing door-to-door for the governor. She said she will be at the polls all day today to catch residents on their way to vote and to answer any last minute questions.

Through get-out-the-vote, the town’s Democratic party and the Yale College Democrats have been text messaging, calling or knocking on the doors of New Haven residents and Yale students registered as Democrat or unaffiliated.

The Yale Dems canvassed on campus until 9 p.m. last night, and will assign “captains” to each residential college. These leaders will coordinate trips to polling places and rally voters from each college during voting hours today. Starting at 6 a.m. on Election Day, the Dems will hang cards with polling place information on every suite’s doorknob and put up posters on the door of every entryway.

The Yale College Republicans are also making a final push to get students who are registered as Republican or unaffiliated to vote for Foley today. Although the group did not do door-to-door canvassing yesterday, they plan to send text messages and emails and make calls this morning, said Amalia Halikias ’15, communications director for the YCR and Yalies for Foley.

“That’s it,” Halikias said. “No huge events.”

Foley’s campaign did not respond to requests for comment on Monday.

Communications director for the Dems Lily Sawyer-Kaplan ’17, who will serve as the captain for Ezra Stiles College today, said that though the Dems had canvassed for DeLauro and the other Democrats on the ballot, their primary focus was Malloy because recent polls placed him in a dead heat against Foley.

Sawyer-Kaplan said the closeness of the race means that Yale students have a chance to make their voices heard.

“This is the most competitive governor’s race in the country,” she said.

Looney, who met with the Dems twice earlier in his campaign, attended a Democratic rally at the Bella Vista Senior Living center in New Haven with DeLauro last night. U.S. Senators Richard Blumenthal LAW ’73 and Chris Murphy were also at the event, Looney said.

“There were events like the rally going on all around the city tonight,” he said. “The goal is to alert people.”

All of the incumbent candidates on the New Haven ballot this year are Democrats.

ERICA PANDEY