Updated 1:49 a.m.

Three students huddled outside Entryway B of Durfee Hall just before midnight on Monday, dish soap and lemon-scented Lysol in hand. Scanning the pavement, they were there to scrub away the remains of three swastikas drawn in chalk on Old Campus the night before.

On Monday night, Yale College Dean Jonathan Holloway sent an email informing the University community about the swastikas found outside the freshman dorm the previous night. Despite attempts to remove the images from the sidewalk, Holloway said their faint impressions remained.

“I condemn this shameful defacement, perpetrated anonymously under cover of night,” Holloway wrote. “There is no room for hate in this house.”

Sunday’s incident comes just over a month after several swastikas were discovered drawn on white boards inside of Vanderbilt Hall.

In an email sent to certain members of the Branford community on Sept. 9, Branford Master Elizabeth Bradley and Dean Hilary Fink called the drawing of swastikas “completely unacceptable.”

Holloway, in his Monday email, said that though the images were particularly offensive to the Jewish community, the insult was felt throughout campus. Holloway said that incidents like these reaffirm Yale’s commitment to protecting and embracing the views of every student.

The email asked for students with information about the perpetrators to contact campus police. It could not be learned whether Yale Police are actively investigating the incident.

Holloway could not be reached for comment Monday night.

Rabbi Leah Cohen, Executive Director of the Slifka Center and Senior Jewish Chaplain, said that Monday night’s news came as a huge shock. Cohen said that she was comforted by the support of the Yale administration and that she was hopeful that this would be the last act of anti-Semitism on college campuses.

“Something as hateful as swastikas on campus — it’s not what Yale stands for, its values or its behaviors,” Cohen said.

Students interviewed said that though the act was hateful in nature, it did not make them feel less safe on campus.

Russell Cohen ’17 said that he was horrified when he first heard the news but was unafraid as a Jewish student on campus.

Hillel President Rebecca Bakal ’16 said that she hoped other Jewish students would not hesitate to express their religious views.

“I believe that everyone at Yale should feel safe and comfortable being who they are, and I will do everything I can to make other Jewish students at Yale feel at home,” Bakal said.

Zach Young ’17 said that Yale is a place where Jews are welcomed by the administration and the student body.

The chalking of swastikas outside of Durfee follows similar incidents of anti-Semitic graffiti at Emory University and Eastern Michigan University.

Michelle Yancich ’17 said that she hopes the incident sparks further dialogue on campus about Judaism, adding that anti-Semitic behavior on college campuses should not be ignored.

“Because as much as it could have been intended as a political statement, it was in fact a hate crime and should be addressed as such,” she said.

In an effort to display student support for Yale’s Jewish community, the three students — Javier Cienfuegos ’15, William Genova ’15 and Sebastian Medina-Tayac ’16, a former staff reporter for the News — started drawing a chalk mural reiterating Holloway’s admonition of hate outside of Durfee Hall.

By 12:30 a.m. Tuesday morning, a group of 15 students had collected outside Durfee. They were passing out chalk to passers-by, inviting them to draw hearts and peace signs under the statement “There is no hate in this house,” a direct quote from Holloway’s email.

A number of different campus groups, ranging from Students Unite Now to the Yale Track and Field Team, affixed their names to the mural.

Cienfuegos said that the email left him hurt, confused and angry.

“I immediately felt like I had to react to this,” he said. “It’s unacceptable to have this on campus.”

Karleh Wilson ’17, one of the other students involved in the mural, said that she heard from Cienfuegos via social media that a group was planning to clean the space on Old Campus.

“Instead of cleaning up, why don’t we draw hearts instead?” Wilson said.

A photograph of the mural appearing on “Overheard at Yale,” a student Facebook group which shares happenings on campus, received over 750 likes within two hours of its posting.

• yc14

what poor reporting. is the ydn just rushing to spread fear and create more drama. how about balance this shameful act by describing the incredible one that followed: an outpour of love and solidarity shown by students who used to chalk to cover up the swastikas

• yc14

apparently in todays news print world articles can change form over night, and so a comment can suddenly seem out of place.
      YDN – you have a function called “cross campus” for short stubs, it is quite deceptive to transform an entire news article just because you realized it was a poor attempt at journalism.

• now6

haha you know nothing

• Javier Cienfuegos

Publications update articles all the time online. It’s not a bad practice. If the reporting was initially poor, then don’t they deserve the opportunity to fix it, particularly when it’s an updatable medium?

• Wise King

Incitement followed up with “love and solidarity” doesn’t add up to much.

• http://www.artspace.com/magazine/interviews_features/lists/the-10-worst-ways-to-die-in-a-hieronymous-bosch-painting-53872 Hieronymus Machine

“There is no hate in this house,” well, except for swastikas (and a few other things).

Not seeking to appear “insensitive,” but… so what? Chalk? Swastikas w/o commentary? Sounds like the likely immature “perpetrator” got exactly what he (statistically, it’s a he) was after. Or, for all you know, yesterday was an auspicious date for some Buddhist, Hindu or Jainism (svastika is a sanskrit word, after all).

How ’bout a a diminution of over-reaction: apply a hearty eye roll an’ a lil peace sign or heart (those being, per YDN reporting, THE two symbols passers-by were “invited” to apply). It’s just temporarily organized chalk dust, after all…

• Javier Cienfuegos

I think you’re missing part of the point. It isn’t just chalk though, is it? This is an example of dozens, perhaps even a hundred students who came together during midterms and wrote messages of love and solidarity while sharing in each other’s love and company. It meant a lot to a lot of the students who were there, particularly the Jewish students. It’s not about the chalk. It’s not about the art. It’s about the community that was palpable for a few hours on old campus last night. Through social media, the message spread, and it’s received support from over a thousand Yalies. For some students, an immature swastika prank brings to mind traumatic family histories. No one deserves to hear about that. This kind of support response is important to remind people that the vast majority of us care.

Trigger alert! Rational discussion ahead! History in progress!

“No one deserves to hear about [swastikas].”

So…. 20th century European history is a no-no at Yale; got it.

• ☀️Curious Georgette

Oh, brother. Not everybody is as articulate as you are. You know exactly what he meant to say.

• Javier Cienfuegos

Nobody deserves to hear about immature swastika pranks on property they call home…. Except for when it happens, and then we should all be informed. Then we should express how we, as community, feel like it’s wrong, hoax or not. Will that suit your semantic needs?

• Javier Cienfuegos

Also, yes, hearts and peace signs were there, but there was also:

I want to feel safe on campus
        El pueblo unido jamas sera vencido
        We will turn their hate to love
        This is our duty
        Justice, justice, shall you pursue
        Yalies in solidarity
        No hate zone

• Javier Cienfuegos

Among many many other messages of empowerment, love, and support

• Johnny Pryor

But we are given no information on who the perpetrators were. Maybe they were making a political statement. Perhaps they were trying to intimidate. They could have just been misguided people who thought it would be funny and who need to understand that it really wasn’t. But the point being made to which you responded is that no whomever did this was rewarded by becoming a national news item. In their minds, they have won a solid victory. Is that REALLY the message you wish to send. Perhaps you think it is. And drawing attention to yourself outweighs giving attention to whomever drew the swastikas. Should be an awesome resume builder for you. Congratulations!

• Stronghurst

No room for hate? Any room for Palestinian refugees?

• Common_Tator

Saying “there is no hate in this house” is like calling a school a gun free zone. Words, that have already been proven wrong. That said, I laud the efforts to cover it with love. Hopefully it was an act of ignorance by someone looking for attention. I certainly expect that your PD is investigating and I hope the fool gets all the attention they can handle, maybe a bit more.

• xx

how can you misread that epic line

he said there is no room for hate in this house
      it’s like saying there’s no room for guns in a school

..which is fair

• Stacy Gittleman

when a bunch of kids in my town created swastikas with toilet paper and set them on fire in a predominantly Jewish neighborhood, eventually they were so shamed they were driven out of town and the parents had to sell their house and move.

• Johnny Pryor

And running the kids and their parents out of town taught them what? That hatred is OK for powerful groups, but intolerable for kids who act in ignorance? Your town out hated them. Great job!

• Javier Cienfuegos

One correction: the email quote was “There is no room for hate in this house.” It was adapted for chalking as “There’s no room for h8 in this house”

• Bulldog

Thank you, Javier. You’ve certainly enlightened all of us.

• CriminalsHeartGunControl

Another false-flag operation.

• RyoNarushima

Your comment is a false flag operation.

• Yale U

How about some proof, adolf?

• armedohiocitizen

Probably libs trying to drum up “awareness” like in all the other campus hate crimes.

• Bulldog

Certainly.

• SWDC

Even the Mathew Shepard story line for that hate crime law has turned out to be another BIG LIE.

• Count_Yob

Another hate hoax?

• SWDC

The Math chew Sheep hard story line is false.

• Reg Dunlop

Our country is on a rapid downward spiral…….sad

• Elizabeth Bennett

Meh, another hate-crime hoax

• RyoNarushima

I might be inclined to agree, if there weren’t so many other anti-Semitic acts going on across the country and around the world. They can’t all be hoaxes. Since there are so many such incidents going on, my feeling is that this likely isn’t a hoax.

• Andrew Apter

The only hoax is your rationality.

• laurie66bay

Yeah, I agree. 10:1 odds this is a leftist who did it

• laurie66bay

Yeah, I agree. 10:1 odds this is a progressive activist who did it

• laurie66bay

Yeah, I agree. This is a leftist who did it

• RyoNarushima

Just because it’s a leftist who did it doesn’t mean it’s a hoax. Leftist = Jew hater these days.

• laurie66bay

No, I’m completely open to the idea that its not only a leftist who did it, but that they meant it too. Most of these things usually are hoaxes, but a lot of liberals really do hate Jews these days…

• Stronghurst

Likely a hoax like so many others in the past.

• Yale U

proof?

• J & E

Maybe they will find the perpetrators of this hateful act, place them against a sound wall, and shoot them. That will stop all acts of hate, won’t it? If you want to only believe or be confronted with love, then kill all hate. Kill it with a gun, because that’s what you really want and need to do isn’t it? 40 years of sticking daisies into gun barrels isn’t working, we still have people that know how to draw. Lets cut of the hands of those that learn these drawings. Maybe, pluck out their eyes.

If uni-lateral love is left to consume hate it will leave bitterness, not love. The world will lose all balance if love consumes all, because love today means hate for tomorrow.

The world needs hate, to combat love and love to combat hate. Positives and negatives make up the foundation of the logic and illogic of the universe. One feeds off of the other. When one dies, the other will and must die.

Might want to find out why the person hates, instead of trying to put them in a cage, or up against a wall. But love wants to consume, just like hate. Same coin people.

• Nice Nancy

Yale has always been Anti-Semitic. This is yet another school I refuse to pay for when my kids hit college age.

• Get Real

your kids will never get in

• Stronghurst

I don’t think your not sending your brats to Yale really matters, nor does anyone give a damn. Others will take your precious’ kids’ place as if they never existed.

• Mtpage

Not to mention our government came out of these types of schools

• SWDC

Not quite after WWII Yale accepted Jewish students under minority status rules meaning they were admitted ahead of others who may have been more qualified.

• JS biggs

Progressives run amok.

• Oliver

the most blatant intolerance and hatred on college campuses today is indoctrinated and ingrained hatred against whites of european descent

• Liberty1789

They should check and see if these were perpetrated by activist students looking to play the ‘hate’ card to generate drama. There have been so many of these fake acts of hate it should be seriously considered. Look up Morton Downey, Alicia Hardin, or Azalea Cooley (also known as ‘the perfect victim’).

• Oliver

college campuses exist for the sole purpose of brainwashing every student that whites of european descent are evil…if u want to stamp out the hate start there

• jimsmith55

This is a Saul Alinisky move.

• Leon Davis

This was almost certainly the prank by some kids or an instigation by a provocateur. No self-respecting Nazi skinhead walks around drawing chalk swastikas on the sidewalk. That’s just too juvenile. It’s like the woman somewhere in California who had rocks from her garden arranged in a swastika on her front lawn. Local TV stations actually came out and covered it. Nope. It was either kids messing around, or she did it herself as a cry for attention, and probably mental help.

• victory_1776

Ivy League universities have become nothing but hate filled failures that produce nothing but insular morons who haven’t a clue about how to do anything other than moan and whine while parroting stupid ideological slogans.

• victory_1776

Ivy League universities have become nothing but hate filled failures that produce nothing but insular ignoramuses who haven’t a clue about how to do anything other than moan and whine while parroting vacuous ideological slogans.

• Andrew Apter

The rise in anti-Semitism in the US is unbelievable. There are at least 100 attacks on Jews each day in this country. Only a fool wouldn’t see what is on the horizon.

• ms2676

100% correct. It will only get worse.

• James Smith

And once again the eternal victim will cry out in pain as he plunges the knife into your back.

• Orange

Is there a list of forbidden speech somewhere?

• Spunkstein

Uh oh, real racism…Nothing to see here..

• rhzszm

Activist liberals, Nazi’s, Communists, and Sodomites. What a zoo. I’d say there’s a lot of H8 at Yale… for all that’s good and right for civil society.

• stronmness

why not look upon it as promoting diversity….

• Bulldog

This is no doubt a repugnant act to many, but a hate crime? There are many, many things that classify as hate crimes, but a symbol that relates to a very odious group is not one of them. Condemnation of this act is appropriate, but calling it a hate crime may generate feelings of hostility where there were none.

• stronmness

I thought Yale embraced diversity? Guess not…

• Copyright101

Chalk swastika a hate crime? What pathetic cry-babies.

A good time to link to this site:

http://fakehatecrimes.org

And remember folks: chalk swastika – hate crime!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wichita_Massacre not a hate crime!

• armchairqback

insult to injury: “On July 25, 2014, the Kansas Supreme Court announced it has overturned the death sentences. In overturning their death sentences, the six justice-majority said they did so because the trial judge failed to separate the penalty proceedings against them. According to a release from the Kansas Supreme Court public information officer, the court unanimously reversed three of each defendant’s four capital convictions because jury instructions on sex-crime-based capital murder were “fatally erroneous and three of the multiple-homicide capital murder charges duplicated the first.”

• Nicholas I

Abduction, rape, torture, murder and dismemberment of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom: Not a “hate-crime”

• Nicholas I
    • Yale U

Stormfront alert!

• Mtpage

If you haven’t realized that Anti-semetics are on the rise and this government is sympathetic to them, its is time to take your head out of the ground.

• Dan

Is the Durfee Sweet Shop still located in the basement of Durfee Hall? Its been a while since I’ve been there.

• Wise King

If this were 1964 one would suspect the KKK or some Neo-Nazi organization.
    This isn’t 1964.
    This was likely the work of Islamists and the New Left, both of which are plentiful on campus.

• Rhinos are just obese unicorns

It was all a misunderstanding, it was suppose to be a cross but they got a little carried away….

• http://batman-news.com asdfads

“Holloway said that incidents like these reaffirm Yale’s commitment to protecting and embracing the views of every student”

Except the studen who drew them! lmao

• https://disqus.com/home/channel/aroundthetable Dunnyveg

Considering the frequency of hate crime hoaxes, this swastika was almost certainly done by a liberal if not a Jew. And if recent history is any guide, nothing will be done to that student beyond maybe having them withdraw.

• http://www.wintersonnenwende.com/scriptorium/english/welcome.html Speakingplaintalk

+Dunnyveg you posted this but my posts are not allowed
        you are entirely correct!

• Jeff

I guarantee this was done by Progressives trying to stir up trouble

.

• Mike Gilmer

Typical behavior on a liberal elite campus where hatred of Israel and jews is lauded.

.

Considering the rash of hate crime hoaxes afflicting colleges–as well as the rash of favorably publicity and the lack of consequences if the perp is caught–my guess is that this vandalism was done by a J*w looking to make Americans look like f*scists.

• MIke

Based on what? Your childish brain?

• ms2676

What a terrible comment to make. As a Jew, I can honestly say that I know of no Jews who would do that. .

none of my posts in same vein are allowed here so I validate yours!

Speakingplaintalk • a few seconds ago Hold on, this is waiting to be approved by Yale Daily News.

no reason to post here
      m, o d board is to narrow focused see more 0

• Fritz Von

You are correct. When this sort of thing occurs during Jewish holidays it is usually done by Jews looking for special protection from law enforcement. In case you don’t know, October is heavy in Jewish holidays.

• JJ

Hey Kraut, My grandfather was a colonel and a pilot during World War Two. He and his crew took particular joy in bombing German cities and watching them burn. I hope that your family members enjoyed the show.

• Fritz Von

Nom de plume. Nice little family tale you tell.

• Jeff McMullen

Does everyone in your family enjoy killing women and children and destroying cultural treasures? Mass murder is never right.

• Yale U

false. Zero tears shed for civilian killing nazis

• brian

My great-grandfather was in a Soviet tank division and helped push the Krauts out of the USSR through Poland. Every time I see fascist comments I just think of that photo of the Red Army raising their flag over the Reichstag in a completely bombed-out Berlin.

• Yale U

The stormfront commenting army has obviously infested these comments.

• brian

The comments on this board are disgusting and the most disgusting of them all are the ones that get the most upvotes. If they are in any way representative of the Yale student body then I’m truly disgusted.

• Fritz Von

Simply because you have no experience in such things does not mean no one else does. You may learn in time.

• martinsnapp

Hitler blamed the Jews for the Reichstag fire, too.

• Yale U

stormfront alert!

ooops forgot there would be hard core senzoring here

“Hey xxxxx wxxxxxx dxxx wxxxx … ”

are ALL comments reviewed for acceptance by the tolerance m o d staff?
    zeeeesh !
    .

yup
    every post must pass the sen zoreng board here……

no reason to post here
    m, o d board is to narrow focused

• forgetyoutooo

Even though this is most likely another stunt by a brilliant-like-Obama progressive American hating punk, I will never understand Jews voting for radical progressive dems.Liberals and progressive elites hate everything about Jews but their money. Some people are destined to relive history. Sad.

bye bye yale fa s cis ts

• Tom Menino

Obama and his administration supports Palestine and have made it acceptable to be anti-Semitic. This is the new normal. Any American Jew who votes Democrat is welcoming a second Holocaust. Wake up.

• RyoNarushima

You view the world through the lens of childrens’ TV shows. Got it.

• $7728220

You let them in jerks.

• Guest

You let them in.

• Guest

delete

• Guest

.

• $7728220

Free speach is dead here.

• D A

When you have the Faculty teaching and promoting PC Hate in various ways this is what you get. They have waged a “War against Common Sense” for decades now. And their Chickens have come home to roost so to speak.

Let’s see if this comment will even be allowed by the Yale “free speech” monitors. Since they “respect” all Viewpoints …..Right ?

• xx

since it was, i’d say yes

• D A

And I would agree with you.

See……Conservatives are Honest and will give credit where credit is due.

• SWDC

Nope in full force here 100%

• Crapola

That is what our schools are turning into.

• Crapola

Yep. Free speech not here.

• Crapola

It fits.

• Crapola

I posted four times. One made it?

• Crapola

4 out of 4.

• https://reverb.com/shop/toms-gear-locker-259 IntergalacticSpaceTraveler

Now days farting is more dangerous to humankind then NAZI’s. What the hell does anyone expect anymore as the American IQ continues to fall into oblivion.

Don’t pass gas, pass hate

• Martin Woo

Another fake hate crime?

• JJ

Another idiotic post.

• peconic1960

Idiotic how? That there has been a rash of fake hate crimes, particularly at liberal arts colleges, is well documented.

• Yale U

please post evidence of this or gtfo.

• SWDC

Interesting there are no cameras operating there in any way shape or form on a campus near buildings.

• Pearlbuck

Really? Why is it idiotic? Is that all you’ve got–name-calling? Are you unaware that time after time after time these types of cases turn out to be fakes?

• PlainOldTruth

Fake hate crimes on campus are fairly common and extremely well documented. The extremely common and officially sanctioned persecution of target groups through the promotion of the “white privilege” (“social justice” group guilt, a la historical Nazi and Communist varieties) slur is being ignored.

• AugustineThomas

Was it leftists? Leftists murder unborn children like they’re Nazis..

• peconic1960

The odds are overwhelming that this was done by progressives who are impatient with the pace of consciousness raising. You can read about this phenomenon here: http://thenakeddollar.blogspot.com/2014/09/the-growing-trend-of-hate-crime-hoaxes.html

• doctorivy

I work on a NE campus. It’s Progressives all right. Or Socialists (you know, the ZI part of NAZI). Or liberals, or fellow travelers, or whatever the heck it is they’re calling themselves now that we’re on to them. College campus is a hostile place for Jews, in part because there are now so many foreign nationals from the middle east, in part because campus culture is so left. The goal of college nowadays is PC and the goal of PC is to eliminate traditional American values. One of those traditional values, of course, is a strong allegiance with Israel.

• DucDucGoose

they don’t want you to know it all began at Yale

• DucDucGoose

censored

• http://reason.com/ Katelyn Cox

Every time this happens on campus it is fake. Just like ‘racist’ instances.

• EbolaJenkins

True… Remember THIS incident at UCSD? There is actually a new movie called ‘Dear White People’ based on this hoax. I guess they never heard the full story before they ran out and wrote the script. See below:
      —————————————-
      Here goes the media and the naive liberal ‘activists’ with too much time on their hands again… The second they first heard about UCSD’s “Compton Cookout” they jumped all over it and attacked UCSD for ‘racism’; but then they found out it was created and managed by Jiggaboo Jones (a black comedian) who established the function to UNITE the races, and then the story died away with no apology to their readers… it didn’t matter because they had already planted the seed of racial-paranoia into the minds of the citizens where it still lingers today. With the flames now fanned from this unprofessional reporting, some black students and many non-students took to the sidewalks of UCSD holding signs and protesting for ‘a cause’. It made them feel important, as if they were changing the world for the better… or getting gratification for playing the ‘victim’ card.
      …Soon later, a young Korean girl with her Korean boyfriend who didn’t know any better were playing with a piece of nylon cord in the Library; he showed her how to make a noose out of it and she put it dangling from a sign on the wall… but then they forgot about it before they left. A nice liberal college-student always on the lookout for ‘evil racism’ in this never-ending ‘witch-hunt’ found it and immediately reported it. All of the sudden, the liberal-media is throwing gas on the fire again- as if UCSD wasn’t ALREADY trying to give up lots of Asian-American students’ college-seats for people with black-skin and far-lower HS grades- people who blew off their college-prep years in high school for the sake of partying, clubbing, and chasing white-womens (even though Affirmative Action had been voted as ‘racist’ in California)… Then, the number of ‘justice-seekers’ on the sidewalks grew in numbers and got wilder. As soon as word had spread about the noose, the naive Korean girl came forward and admitted that she was the one that put it there, explained that the noose does not symbolize ‘racism’ in her country, and she did not mean anything by it. It was an honorable thing she did, but she was still EXPELLED. Maybe they gave her seat away to a nice person with black-skin and lower HS grades (and not the ‘next-smartest’ college-applicant in line).
      …A day or two later- someone puts a pillowcase over the head of the statue of Mr. Geisel in front of the Geisel Library. The faculty is then immediately intimidated to give-in to numerous unfair/unequal/racist demands of new black-student organizations popping up all over campus. They receive lots of new funding from an already ‘broke’ college in a state with a broke economy. They start placing students into positions of power on campus with no qualification other than skin-color. The faculty and the San Diego Sheriff Crime-Lab promises a full-investigation, with press-releases saying DNA has been obtained from the pillowcase and that video-surveillance around the area was being reviewed. They also let everyone know that the act is considered a ‘felony’. Soon after, the story immediately COMPLETELY faded, and the crowd dispursed. The California public was never issued an explanation as promised. The only reason ‘this could be’ was because the DNA and Video evidence revealed a BLACK PERSON (possibly a non-student ‘trespassing’ on campus for the sake of protesting) had put the pillowcase on the statue as an angry ‘statement’ but then zipped their lips as soon as they heard about ‘evidence’ and ‘felony’. They did NOT do the honorable thing and come clean like the Korean girl did. Figures… Perhaps they should do more [UNBIASED] research at ‘cultures’ and ‘history’ at their own social-studies/ethnic-studies/liberal-studies departments…
      …The financial damage and the social-injustice of racism unfairly/unequally catering to the demands of the black-students who gained BONUS-RIGHTS that would have otherwise not been granted if not for the ‘hoax’ can never be undone. We can rest assured, though, that this unfairly-expelled Korean girl will still be okay in life even though she lost her college dream; she is Korean… she will rise from the ashes like a Phoenix- like Koreatown Los Angeles did after the black community burned their entire community to the ground in 1992… leaving their uninsured immigrant-businesses destroyed and their families empty-handed. Today, the Koreans are building the largest skyscraper in North America west of the Mississippi River. The black-neighborhoods that burned down Koreatown still look exactly as they did in 1992…

• C. Adkins

– yep.

• doctorivy

Wow. Good for the Yale students. On my campus NOBODY erases the swastikas and Israeli hate graffiti. Seriously. Folks, you have to understand something: Colleges (certainly NE colleges) are so left as to be practically Communist. They are so pro-Socialist it’s ridiculous. And you know what National Socialism is, right?

• Dick Hatewell

…national socialism would have prevented this.

• Juan

Was it a Tibetan Buddhist swastika or a Nazi swastika? Maybe is was Buddhist monks protesting Yale’s support of the atomic bomb.

• PlainOldTruth

Anti-Jewish expressions, swastikas, etc., are odious, yet the institutional prevalence of aggressive anti-Christian persecution and the perpetuation of the slur of “white privilege” by government and non-profit employees is infinitely more widespread and clearly influences public response to violence against “whites” that go unreported and excused. The semi-literacy and indoctrination with fraudulent and radically distorted historical narratives that so much of the public has been subjected to will continue to foment violence and therefore must be ended. Any time yo hear the hateful slur “white privilege” you are hearing not only group-guilt beliefs (genocidal beliefs a la Nazis and Communists) but it should be understood that it is also a condemnation of intelligence, work ethic and success of Jews. Political correctness and “social justice” (as opposed to plain justice applied to every individual case) are doctrines of GROUP GUILT and are by definition genocidal in nature.

• Lori Hollywood

Articulate comment. Very well said.

• wills

Could have been skinheads.

• Pearlbuck

Yeah, if this was CSI: New Haven

• TCA

There are skinheads?

• Cahal the Mad™

Liberals gone wild. Oh, but this is what they insist is called, “tolerance”.

• Pearlbuck

So, have we gotten to the point of honesty yet where we can all admit that the likeliest outcome here is that a Jewish student did it to “raise awareness”” (Translation: get attention.)

• jerseydave

I would not be sure about that. Try wearing anything pro-Israel or identifying you as Jewish and walking through an Ivy League campus. It is good to see an exception at Yale as the students come together to resist this idiocy.

• Naomi Weinberger

you would say this about other hate crimes? Perpetrated by the victims? Or do you have an issue with Jews, too? Time to reflect, methinks.

• brian

Based on what? Other than your hate you have absolutely no evidence of that.

• Pearlbuck

Why is my comment being held for moderation? All I did was point out the fact that time after time these “hateful” acts turn out to be hoaxes.

• DontTrustJ3ws

Liberals always moderate. The last thing liberals can have is open discussion.

• Anton Chigurh✓ᴺᵃᵗᶦᵒᶰᵃˡᶦˢᵗ

How soon ’til we learn it was a hoax done by lefties? *yawn*

• Chuck

Is there a Hedge Fund for the “I’m Offended!” industry? If so, I’m betting the ranch.

• diggferkel

We must stop the river of tears flowing from offended people! Can’t you see we’re hurting the feelings of these poor souls!

• popeye2010

Satan and man at Yale.

• popeye2010

Godlessness and Man at Yale.

• OldUSCGRD2

Nazis, I hate these guys. — Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

The Nazis lost WWII because they were barbarians who POed the entire world.

Nazism is still a disease. But the Arabs have caught that disease.

• Hypnotized Minds

How could they have caught something they created?

• DucDucGoose

fake

• Karen

C’mon it’s only Yale – more left wing Nazis from prominent New England families than anywhere in Germany.

• Merida Martinez

“Damn you Harvard”

• Sammy

Collage brain trust uses chalk to #fight thugs. Yea, that should work.

• EbolaJenkins

Probably just those pesky southern-Democrats and their KKK at it again… I am a forgiving person, but one thing I can never forgive is the Democrat-Party for enforcing slavery for centuries of American History. Such an atrocity and a black-eye for our nation…

• Johnny99

Typical move by the White Party.

• Columbus, Chris, Falco

God give the Jews a homeland for they mess things up everywhere else.

• brian

Says the person who benefits from Jewish discoveries and inventions on a daily basis….

• brian

• Joe blow

Oh, G-d, the suffering continues!

• Michael Dean Miller

.

Too often these “hate crimes” are perpetrated by the “victims” themselves. Some nebulous “white privilege” accusation gets floated then everyone forgets about it even after the video tape shows the rabbi with a can of spray paint marking his own building, garage, sidewalk, etc. or video shows the black professor putting up her own noose to blame on the “klan”.

Sounds like faux-hate to me.

.

• ted

I’ve read many incidents of this happening. I think this is even worse then real incidents. The hoaxers should be prosecuted to the full extant of the law for a hate crime since it still may cause distress no matter who does it. But usually nothing happens to the hoaxers or some light sentence such as counseling or probation.i

• disqus_mZ463k3T2r

Thank 0bama’s rhetoric toward israel for the rise in hatred.

• yarnball

hey rabbi, whatcha doin’?

• Hypnotized Minds

LOL!…. Oy vey, I’m getting rich!

• RomanSenator

Palestinian student incitement. Happening at campuses all over the US.

• MichaelGuy

Ironic that the emblem of the Nationalist Socialist Workers Party would evoke such visceral condemnation while the emblems and the writings of the Socialist International, Marx, Lenin, Stalin and Mao would be so espoused onour NEA controlled campus? Many more millions were cruelly imprisoned, forced into slave labor or just plain executed ( as was my Ukrainian grandfather) by the secret police of the Socialist regimes than those who were executed by the Gestapo and Waffen SS. Further irony, many of Trotsky’s ( a Jewish immigrant to Russia from Manhattan) and Felix Durzhinsky ( another Jewish secret police head) murdered multiple millions of kulaks and Slavic Orthodox Christians. But then we should research and discover many luminaries of the left, like those in the NEA were and are affiliated with the Socialist International and, ironically considering the supposed atheism of Marxist, Madame Blavatsky’s Theosophical Society. But I would offer two queries to the Ivy League students : Why the sudden betrayal of the Zionist plutocrats , such as those in the Fed, IMF, World Bank, who have funded socialism since 1913 ? And why is the left turning upon its most prolific supporting ethnic group? examples Emma Goldberg, The Haymarket anarchist, Samuel Gompers? (who, as a union member, I admire immensely), Marx, all the way through to Abbie Hoffman, Jerry Rubin and their SDS/Weatherman such as who usurped control of the Democratic Party the way the Jacobins took over the Tennis court Parliament or Trotsky and Lenin’s Bolsheviks took over Kerensky’s republic? Has the Jewish man , lost his aggrieved, entitled victim status now become an equivalent of a Caucasian? For it is apparent that the demonized enemy of the Democrats, liberals, progressives and communist are the 5C, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitution-loving, Christian, Caucasian males in the private sector.

• msmadness

One wrong doesn’t justify the other. The hammer and sickle should be seen for the murderous, tyrannical symbol that is is….just like the swastika.

• Hypnotized Minds

Wait! MSNBC said the Nazi’s were right wingers……….

• Tulsi Time

wait

• Tulsi Time

wait for

• Tulsi Time

wait for it

• Tulsi Time

remind

• Tulsi Time

me to

• Tulsi Time

spread the news that yale is not a bastion of free speech

• http://www.anythingbutmainstreammedia.net Tim

Yale censors every comment before allowing to post?
    Wow, I can not say I am surprised with the Oligarchs that have come out of that school.
    I think it is safe to say that after our country is restored to its foundings, Yale will surely hold the record for most students who went on to be tried and imprisoned for vulgar attacks against our Constitution and multiple acts of treason..

• Hypnotized Minds

Communist schools don’t like the 1st amendment. That’s why they defend the rights for the most vulgar to have freedom of speech but silence all political speech they disagree with. They want use to hate our rights, and only hear one opinion.

• el duderino

The Swastika is not an evil symbol. You’d think that people from Yale would know that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

• el duderino

The Swastika was perverted by the Nazis. It is a peaceful symbol.

• msmadness

Yeah, but it is universally seen as a symbol of evil, now.

• DontTrustJ3ws

Oh wow chalk on a sidewalk! j3ws insulted!?

Sounds like another j3w-scam for sympathy.

The world’s oldest and most powerful organized crime gang has this down to a science.

• Yale U

nice cut-n-paste, stormfronter.

• Edward Norton

Yale is a religious school (Congregational). Do the Jewish students attend chapel?

• btmc

Yale is nondenominational. Only the Div School is religious.

• rjm2238

These universities keep talking up the Islamic and Muslim line, support of the so called Palestinian people so, what do you expect? They think you love them because this is what they all stand for.
    The academics are so sheltered, like Obama and his band of professional fools, are so niave in some cases they are accidentally dangerous and so duplicitous in other cases to be intentionally dangerous. It is up to us to know the difference but you people on campus, you listen to these people every day, you know who they are but I think they have you all buffaloed. You are too afraid to point them out and that is a shame.
    You used your political correctness to enable them and now you haven’t got the guts or the integrity to call them on something like this and then yes, just like Obama, you want to run the world “when you grow up”, but I tell you what, first before you grow up, you need to “grow a pair”.
    Rich in New Mexico.

• Hypnotized Minds

Many of these universities are controlled by Jewish people so they really did it to themselves once again.

• annabel

Oh brother.

• brian

Oh god one of these… is your tinfoil hat loose?

• mark g.

Why is this news? Is the world supposed to be scared by this powerless symbol?

In all probability, this unimportant graffiti incident was a hoax perpetrated by a Jewish student.

• msmadness

You don’t hide your Antisemitism very well and you double down with your “conspiracy” theory. You don’t believe that Jews engineered the Holocaust in order to force the creation of Israel through, do you?

• Bulldog

The words, “Racist and Antisemitism” are getting old- very, very old and tired. Anything overused overtime begins to lose it’s impact. Dump these titles and use words. They still have power.

• msmadness

Actually, I’ve very deliberate in my use of the words and don’t throw them about referring to people who don’t agree with my politics or ideology.

• Hypnotized Minds

We know who the real victims of hate crimes are these days, but their pain means nothing because of the color of their skin, plus the fact they aren’t gay or Jewish……

• Bulldog

If you mean white Americans, you hit the nail on the head.

• ernaldin

There will be a snap back, and maybe soon.

• Yale U

Total and utter hogwash. Ignorance is high on your list of accomplishments.

• Bulldog

“hogwash”? I haven’t heard that term in many years.

• zoozoo

Oh, fiddlesticks ya darn galoot.

• ernaldin

Golly!

• Mel_Anosis

The left’s hate of Israel is showing up on American campuses. The left are the new skinheads. It will be interesting to see how aggressive the administration is in finding and punishing these thugs. My guess is they won’t go out of there way to spotlight this incident. Now, if the Muslims were attacked on campus, then the leftist administrators would be declaring war. It is rather amusing actually to watch this nonsense

• Bulldog

I agree, especially since 90% of American Jews voted for Obama. Who, BTW, hates them with a passion. Ask anyone in Israel.

• ernaldin

Just like the stupid white liberals, they have already voted themselves into oblivion!

• Javier Cienfuegos

I’m sorry, but, I was one of the lead organizers of the chalking in response to the hate, and I’m a pro-Palestine anti-Likud leftist. That doesn’t make me an anti Semite, and true leftists do not support antisemitism.

• greatcorntrollio

correct

• msmadness

The racist, bigoted statements (and stupid conspiracy theories) in these comments are staggering when you consider this is a university newspaper.

• flopsy

If it makes you feel any better, a lot of the commenters are coming from outside the community

• peconic1960

I’m coming from inside the community, and I have seen enough examples of these kinds of hoaxes to know that this is likely another one. It has nothing to do with conspiracy theories.

• Hypnotized Minds

The only real victims of hate crimes these days are usually white, and their attackers are clueless if they’re kosher or not. Trayvon, or Julio can’t tell if you attend Temple or not when you wear your NorthFace jacket and look like every other cracker. Swastika on the ground, sounds like someone wants to get some special treatment, and Jewish privilege.

• ernaldin

I have a nice NorthFace coat with the built in holster inside, as well as a two magazine holder. Nice “bad weather” jacket!

• debthater

I wonder what the University response would be to someone writing KKK. Answer: Greater.

• MKDAWUSS

I wonder what it would have been had it been a Hammer and Sickle.

• Freempg

A salute.

• Guest

TO BLESS YOU, ISRAEL!
    GOD’S PEACE REIGN IN YOUR HEARTS
    AND IN YOUR HEARTLAND <3<3<3
    THE LAND HE HAS BLESSED YOU WITH FOREVER.
    The Priestly Blessing
    Numbers 6:
    22The Lord said to Moses, 23“Tell Aaron and his sons, ‘This is how you are to bless the Israelites. Say to them:

24“ ‘ “The Lord bless you
    and keep you;

25the Lord make his face shine on you
    and be gracious to you;

26the Lord turn his face toward you
    and give you peace.” ’

27“So they will put my name on the Israelites, and I will bless them.”

• Guest

That’s what AIPAC is for youtubedotcom/watch?v=4ZeRiG7gMBk

• John Smith

what

• gotham1883

C’mon Yale. You wanted diversity. This is your diversity. When they come to get college professors will anyone notice they are missing.

• ernaldin

The professors actually have it coming!

• Bill Simmons

Big deal. Everyone pretends to get all worked up so they will appear to be politically correct.

• Rudy

American Jews have been playing with fire, supporting the importation of large alien populations inimical to the traditional American population in an effort to weaken the dominant culture enough to ensure their continued control of elite institutions in perpetuity. Problem is, their open borders project is rapidly spiraling out of control, and the hyenas they have released don’t seem to know when to stop biting.

• zzz05

“American Jews have been playing with fire, supporting the importation of large alien populations inimical to the traditional American population”
      Of course there was that incident 300 years ago when nonJews supported the importation of large alien populations, but we’ll just ignore that for now, right? Basically, that was the dominant culture.

• http://www.zazzle.com/FirstPrinciples?rf=238518351914519699 TeddyDNovak

Who inspired the “teens”? This is how things began in 1930s Germany.

zazzle.com/FirstPrinciples*

• loulai

Direct result of Israel apartheid week being permitted on campus.

• brian

This board is crawling with Stormfront trashbags and blame-the-victim rhetoric while any opposing comment to the disgusting hatred exhibited here doesn’t get posted. Nice to see where Yale’s priorities lie.

• Web Trollovich

I’m reading your opposing comment, which proves that you are talking directly out of your sphincter – again, brian.

• greatcorntrollio

Who did the vandalism?

• Nathan Bedford Forrest

I’d be more concerned about the emotionally arrested “college students” drawing little hearts on the sidewalk. How old are these people, 6?

• ernaldin

Don’t confuse their ages with their IQs!

• RyoNarushima

The Jews give the world advances in science and medicine. The Palestinians give the world this.

• MrNoyce

Wall Street fraud constitutes and advance “in science and medicine”? I suppose you think bombing the hell out of Palestinian kids is likewise.

• brian

Or you can go ahead and look it up yourself, do you know how to use Google? There are a TON of Nobel Prizes in physics, chemistry, biology, medicine, economics, literature, etc. Don’t deny information that takes 2 seconds of research to find.

• StandingO

Nobel Prize winners:
      Jews: Dozens (if not hundreds);
      Muslims: Well, only one that I know of for sure–that was Obama’s Peace Prize in ’09.

• brian

If by dozens you mean ~180.

• StandingO

I did say “Dozens (if not hundreds)”, didn’t I? ~180 is within the scope of that, no? About 15 dozen, but not quite “hundreds”. What else did you think I meant?

• brian

Whoa whoa relax there, I was agreeing with your point…

• StandingO

OK, that’s good. So let’s get down to details on this. Here’s a clip out of an e-mail that has circulated widely. It is accurate so far as I know, and as a Billy Graham Baptist I stand with the sentiment behind it, and it does seem that “the world” cannot be reminded often enough:

//The
            Global Islamic population is approximately 1,200,000,000; that is ONE
            BILLION TWO HUNDRED MILLION or 20% of the world’s population.

They have received the following Nobel Prizes:

Literature:

1988 – Najib Mahfooz

Peace:

1978 – Mohamed Anwar El-Sadat

1990 – Elias James Corey

1994 – Yaser Arafat: why

1999 – Ahmed Zewai

Economics:

(zero)

Physics:

(zero)

Medicine:

1960 – Peter Brian Medawar

1998 – Ferid Mourad

TOTAL: 7 SEVEN

The Global Jewish population is approximately 14,000,000; that is FOURTEEN MILLION or about 0.02% of the world’s population.

Literature:

1910 – Paul Heyse

1927 – Henri Bergson

1958 – Boris Pasternak

1966 – Shmuel Yosef Agnon

1966 – Nelly Sachs

1976 – Saul Bellow

1978 – Isaac Bashevis Singer

1981 – Elias Canetti

1987 – Joseph Brodsky

1991 – Nadine Gordimer World

Peace:

1911 – Alfred Fried

1911 – Tobias Michael Carel Asser

1968 – Rene Cassin

1973 – Henry Kissinger

1978 – Menachem Begin

1986 – Elie Wiesel

1994 – Shimon Peres

1994 – Yitzhak Rabin

Physics:

1905 – Adolph Von Baeyer

1906 – Henri Moissan

1907 – Albert Abraham Michelson

1908 – Gabriel Lippmann

1910 – Otto Wallach

1915 – Richard Willstaetter

1918 – Fritz Haber

1921 – Albert Einstein

1922 – Niels Bohr

1925 – James Franck

1925 – Gustav Hertz

1943 – Gustav Stern

1943 – George Charles de Hevesy

1944 – Isidor Issac Rabi

1952 – Felix Bloch

1954 – Max Born

1958 – Igor Tamm

1959 – Emilio Segre

1960 – Donald A. Glaser

1961 – Robert Hofstadter

1961 – Melvin Calvin

1962 – Lev Davidovich Landau

1962 – Max Ferdinand Perutz

1965 – Richard Phillips Feynman

1965 – Julian Schwinger

1969 – Murray Gell-Mann

1971 – Dennis Gabor

1972 – William Howard Stein

1973 – Brian David Josephson

1975 – Benjamin Mottleson

1976 – Burton Richter

1977 – Ilya Prigogine

1978 – Arno Allan Penzias

1978 – Peter L Kapitza

1979 – Stephen Weinberg

1979 – Sheldon Glashow

1979 – Herbert Charles Brown

1980 – Paul Berg

1980 – Walter Gilbert

1981 – Roald Hoffmann

1982 – Aaron Klug

1985 – Albert A. Hauptman

1985 – Jerome Karle

1986 – Dudley R. Herschbach

1988 – Robert Huber

1988 – Leon Lederman

1988 – Melvin Schwartz

1988 – Jack Steinberger

1989 – Sidney Altman

1990 – Jerome Friedman

1992 – Rudolph Marcus

1995 – Martin Perl

2000 – Alan J. Heeger

Economics:

1970 – Paul Anthony Samuelson

1971 – Simon Kuznets

1972 – Kenneth Joseph Arrow

1975 – Leonid Kantorovich

1976 – Milton Friedman

1978 – Herbert A. Simon

1980 – Lawrence Robert Klein

1985 – Franco Modigliani

1987 – Robert M. Solow

1990 – Harry Markowitz

1990 – Merton Miller

1992 – Gary Becker

1993 – Robert Fogel

Medicine:

1908 – Elie Metchnikoff

1908 – Paul Erlich

1914 – Robert Barany

1922 – Otto Meyerhof

1930 – Karl Landsteiner

1931 – Otto Warburg

1936 – Otto Loewi

1944 – Joseph Erlanger

1944 – Herbert Spencer Gasser

1945 – Ernst Boris Chain

1946 – Hermann Joseph Muller

1950 – Tadeus Reichstein

1952 – Selman Abraham Waksman

1953 – Hans Krebs

1953 – Fritz Albert Lipmann

1958 – Joshua Lederberg

1959 – Arthur Kornberg

1964 – Konrad Bloch

1965 – Francois Jacob

1965 – Andre Lwoff

1967 – George Wald

1968 – Marshall W. Nirenberg

1969 – Salvador Luria

1970 – Julius Axelrod

1970 – Sir Bernard Katz

1972 – Gerald Maurice Edelman

1975 – Howard Martin Temin

1976 – Baruch S. Blumberg

1977 – Roselyn Sussman Yalow

1978 – Daniel Nathans

1980 – Baruj Benacerraf

1984 – Cesar Milstein

1985 – Michael Stuart Brown

1985 – Joseph L. Goldstein

1986 – Stanley Cohen [& Rita Levi-Montalcini]

1988 – Gertrude Elion

1989 – Ha rold Varmus

1991 – Erwin Neher

1991 – Bert Sakmann

1993 – Richard J. Roberts

1993 – Phillip Sharp

1994 – Alfred Gilman

1995 – Edward B. Lewis

1996- Lu RoseIacovino

TOTAL: 129!

The Jews are
            NOT promoting brainwashing children in military training camps,
            teaching them how to blow themselves up and cause maximum deaths of Jews
            and other non-Muslims.

The Jews
            don’t hijack planes, nor kill athletes at the Olympics, or blow themselves up in German restaurants.

There is NOT one single Jew who has destroyed a church.

There
            is NOT a single Jew who protests by killing people. The Jews don’t
            traffic slaves, nor have leaders calling for Jihad and death to all the
            Infidels.

Perhaps
            the world’s Muslims should consider investing more in standard
            education and less in blaming the Jews for all their problems.

Muslims must ask ‘what can they do for humankind’ before they demand that humankind respects them.

Regardless
            of your feelings about the crisis between Israel and the Palestinians
            and Arab neighbors, even if you believe there is more culpability on
            Israel ‘s part, the following
            two sentences really say it all:

‘If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence.

If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel ..”

Benjamin
            Netanyahu: General Eisenhower warned us. It is a matter of history that
            when the Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces, General Dwight
            Eisenhower, found the victims of the
            death camps he ordered all possible photographs to be taken, and for
            the German people from surrounding villages to be ushered through the
            camps and even made to bury the dead.

He
            did this because he said in words to this effect: ‘Get it all on record
            now – get the films – get the witnesses – because somewhere down the
            road of history some bastard will get
            up and say that this never happened’

Recently, the UK debated whether to remove The Holocaust from its school curriculum because it ‘offends’ the
            Muslim population which claims it never occurred.

It
            is not removed as yet. However, this is a frightening portent of the
            fear that is gripping the world and how easily each country seems to be
            giving-in to it.

It is now more than 65 years after the Second World War in Europe ended.

Now,
            more than ever, with Iran and others claiming the Holocaust to be ‘a
            myth,’ it is imperative to make sure the world never forgets.//

• brian

Awesome post!

• Thomas Fournier

The swastika like the star of David goes back to ancient India and does not have anything to do with hate. Although they are clueless as to who did this they automatically assume it was done as an antisemitic hate attack. When the possibility exists that it could have been done by a Jewish student looking to create sympathy as the world turns against the State of Israel for ethnic cleansing and war crimes. It wouldn’t be the first time.

• brian

Wow. Clearly this was done as a symbol of hate, not as an ancient Indian symbol, don’t be naive to reality. Secondly, do you also blame rape victims for them being attacked? Because no non-Jew would do such a thing.. right?

• ernaldin

Maybe we could just ignore them. They do it to get noticed, and our media nitwits oblige.
        Come to think, how are you media liars coming along in the search for those elusive college transcripts and sealed criminal record?

• 8lackie

‘…don’t be naive to reality.’ sez one yalie to another. that’s rich.

• brian

Please share in what way.

• chriss221

Gee, which is it: they are losers in need of and fighting for sympathy, or they are all-powerful “ethnic cleansers” thumbing their big noses at the world as their technologically advanced war machine grinds out noble savages

• Waggle ToOth

Ha! Ha! “Ethnic cleansing and war crimes.” You’re out of your mind Tom! Only THIS evening I read about Israel preparing materials to help rebuild Gaza. If it were up to me I would let them all starve to death, and I wouldn’t sell them any corn or a single watt of electricity either.

• Richie G

There called Arab students, dummies!

• ernaldin

They’re, dummy!

• Citizen C

How long do you suppose it will be before it is discovered that this was done by a left-winger unsatisfied that America isn’t as overtly hateful as he “knows” it to be? A few years back a female Jewish professor trashed her own car, claiming it was done by racists. Remember those swastikas on the barracks doors at Fort Bragg during the Clinton years? Remember who was eventually caught doing it? Remember those southern black church burnings and who they caught doing that?

• ernaldin

Tawana brawley, the lacrosse team, etc, etc!

• OLDNAVYVET

Drawn in chalk? Yawn!

• brian

Does the tool used to draw it the part that matters here? How dense are you?

• Nick Angel

Was not the swastika worn by the Nazis ?
    And writing (chalking) on surfaces marring or dirtying same a form of vandalism ?
    Does not vandalism mean an act unlawful —mark of a “twisted” mind ?

• greatcorntrollio

edit

• D.B. Cooper

Remember Kerri F. Dunn, Psychology Professor at Claremont McKenna College? Dunn’s car was vandalized and covered with racist, anti-Semitic and sexist epithets while she spoke at a forum on racism. BUT is was all a HOAX! Like Oberlin College’s sheet wearing Klan member, like Columbia’s noose on the Affirmative Action professor’s door, and like next week’s college hate graffiti.

• peconic1960

Oberlin’s president was in my Yale Class. He actually tried to cover it up when they discovered that it was all a hoax. Didn’t fit the narrative.

• Nicholas I

This report fills me with deep dire dread !!!

• http://mostspecialedu.blogspot.com/ Specialist Ed

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say this will end up being, either a hoax or a misguided young coed trying to make a point about racism in some bizarre manor. What I can guarantee is it was not perpetrated by some half-a55ed white power movement. Demographically, being the most overrepresented group in the Ivies, Jewish students have nothing to fear.

• peconic1960

I imagine if someone had drawn a hammer and sickle no one would have cared?

• Waggle ToOth

Yes, no one would have cared because Muslims didn’t systematically seek to extinguish an entire group of people from the face of the earth…yet.

• breakingbad23

As you say, “not yet” but they’re working on it….

• RyoNarushima

Holocaust denier, too. How nice.

• RyoNarushima

Beat it, trailer trash.

• Waggle ToOth

Your fear, like most, is ignorance based.

• zzz05

I’m hoping the vast majority of the commenters here aren’t Yalies.
    in fact, if most of these people have a high school diploma, or even a GED, then we’re in bad shape.

• brian

So far it seems like ~75% of the comments have been tired and used stereotypes against Jews. “The Jews own the banks” “The Jews own the media” “The Jews brought in all the Muslims” “The Jews did this and that” everything is always “the Jews” – how come when we see a crazy right-wing Christian we don’t see anyone saying “the Christians say this!” and constantly use that one person as point of reference for ALL Christians.

• fnncld

The high volume of moronic comments is because this article was posted on Drudge Report (and maybe other news outlets). The same thing happened to me (former YDN reporter) when one of my articles made it on there.

• brian

The “host population” so in other words, the Jews don’t qualify under your definition of “host population” which would make them the guest, or in other words, the person who should eventually leave. Is that what your idiotic comment implies? Don’t put yourself on a pedastal, claiming a “host population”

So many of these comments are focused on speculating who drew these hate symbols. I’d like to say, though, that it’s not about who specifically drew the symbols, but rather the simple fact that they were drawn. The fact that they were drawn means that there is still hate in this world, and an entire group of people is threatened by this hate. We need to come together with love to overcome the hate that was displayed on Old Campus.

• RyoNarushima

Ah, so you’re smarter than Einstein. I see. BTW, don’t forget about these:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewish_Nobel_laureates

• harriet

wonder why all my posts have been removed?

• harriet

but DmaxD post are acceptable?
    hmmmm

• brian

It is free speech, just like I’m free to say the board is crawling with Stormfront trashbags, which it is, and I’m not sure what your point is. Your claim is that the above article is a lie or myth, with absolutely no evidence outside of your own prejudices, because the thought of someone who is not a Jew drawing a swastika is, for some reason, unfathomable to you. No non-Jew would do such a thing? Yes, it is free speech, doesn’t make what’s being said any less stupid.

• RyoNarushima

The fact that someone flagged your idiotic, neo-Nazi comments means the Holocaust is a lie? Please do explain.

• brian

Uh oh! A youtube video informist! Now I have all the facts I need. Was that video linked from David Duke’s blog?

• brian

Are you just spamming all of the posts? Are you so full of hate (and jobless) that you troll boards looking for ways to bash Jews and Israel? Get a life man.

• Waggle ToOth

All fear based to. I fear what I know not.

• Waggle ToOth

And the Palestinians didn’t kick them out. There isn’t even such a thing as “Palestine” let alone a “Palestinian”.

• brian

I asked where it was linked from (i.e. your source of information), not who’s in the video.

• Larry A Singleton

It’s just incredible how people who call themselves “educated” don’t actually READ anything and are completely brain-dead on the issues. (And you’re lucky if they even know what an issue is.)

• ToyotaBedZRock

In America the swastika is used for general racism more than antisemitism.