This weekend, the Yale coed sailing team won the Owen, Mosbacher and Knapp trophies at home, while the women’s team competed for the President’s Trophy on the Charles River.

The No. 2 coed team beat out 17 schools for the Owen Trophy, the seven Ivy League schools for the Mosbacher trophy and rivals Harvard and Princeton for the Knapp. The No. 1 women’s team placed seventh out of 11 schools at the President’s regatta hosted by Boston University.

“We are very proud to have defended the Ivy League championship title for the third year in a row,” coed captain Chris Segerblom ‘14 said. “A big shout out to [Graham Landy ‘15] and [Katherine Gaumond ‘15] who lit it up in A division.”

Landy skippered the Yale boat that competed in the A division with Gaumond as his crew. The pair won 10 of their 14 races over the weekend. Segerblom sailed in the B division as the skipper with crew Charlotte Belling ’16. Overall, the Bulldogs won 13 of the weekend’s 28 races.

According to Landy, the Elis men and women were able to achieve their wide margin of victory of 50 points in the regatta by avoiding big risks and taking advantage of their strengths.

“Winning the de facto Ivy League championship is always exciting for our team, as it means a lot to the University,” Landy said.

The coed team also raced for the Thompson Trophy this weekend and finished in 13th place. The A division was sailed by skipper Max Nickbarg ’14 and crew Natalya Doris ’17, while skipper Mitchell Kiss ’17 competed in the B division with crew members Sarah Smith ’15 and Emily Johnson ’16. Skipper Eric Anderson ’16 sailed the C division with crew Chandler Gregoire ’17. The A, B and C divisions placed fifth, eighth and 15th, respectively.

The women’s sailing team also sent a squad of underclassmen to the President’s Trophy this weekend. Marly Isler ’16 skippered the A division with Clara Robertson ’17 as crew, and skipper Astrid Pacini ’16 sailed the B division with crew Megan Valentine ’16 and Isabelle Rossi de Leon ’17.

“It was [Pacini’s] first big women’s regatta, so we were working on boat handling and figuring out the shifts on the Charles,” Rossi de Leon said. “She found her groove on Sunday.”

Isler led the Bulldogs to an A division victory, while Pacini and her crew finished in eighth place in the B division.

The women will travel to Dartmouth this weekend for their New England Championship, while the coed team will send squads to regattas hosted by Fordham, MIT, Harvard, the University of Rhode Island and Boston University.

ERICA PANDEY