Match made in heaven. Two separate paths crossed at Fenway Park on Sunday when a 16-year-old high school student who had suffered from severe aplastic anemia met his bone marrow donor,  Yale senior Philip Gosnell ’14. Gosnell, who signed up through the Mandi Schwartz Bone Marrow Donor Registration Drive as a freshman, met his “blood brother” for the first time on Sunday, next to baseball legend Carl Yastrzemski  at an event cosponsored by the Bone Marrow Donor Registry and Massachusetts General Hospital.

He lives. A friendly squirrel was spotted sneaking away as it carried a brown, white-striped tie, tucking away its conquest at the top of a pine tree in the Law School courtyard. Looks like this creature managed to survive the alleged squirrel apocalypse after all.

A digital world. In a Tuesday email to the Yale community, Chief Information Officer Len Peters informed students of updates to the University’s technology infrastructure and the results of the 2013 Yale Technology Survey. In addition to launching quarterly newsletters centered on ITS services for students, the office has also expanded Yale’s software library, provided 50 GB of file storage workspace through Box @ Yale and opened the Technology Enabled Active Learning (TEAL) classroom.

Rest in peace. Manson Whitlock, often described as the country’s oldest typewriter repairman, died last month at his store in New Haven, where he had tended to more than 300,000 machines during his 96-year lifetime. Whitlock was a familiar face in the Elm City, and his former clients ranged from Pulitzer Prize-winning writer Robert Penn Warren to President Gerald R. Ford. In a January 2013 interview with the Yale Alumni Magazine, Whitlock mused aloud: “Has the typewriter remained in use because of me, or am I still around because of the typewriter?”

The greatest race. Yale’s all-female a cappella group Whim ‘n Rhythm is in the running to win Zipcar’s “Students with Drive” contest, which comes with thousands of dollars in driving credit. As of press time, the all-senior group was in first place for the Arts section, beating out the University of Michigan’s ballroom dance team by a dozen votes.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1961 The Yale Police Department acquires portable transistor radios that can be attached to a belt or carried in a pocket, replacing the preexisting multistep pager system, in which an officer would first have to receive a page by coded signal before running to a telephone to receive instructions from the police office.

Submit tips to Cross Campus crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

YALE DAILY NEWS