Eight months after the retirement of former executive director Alex Knopp in September, Peter Crumlish DIV ’09 has been named the new executive director of Dwight Hall.

“I have served in the Peace Corps, been a teacher, a college counselor and also did community organizing in New York City, running a nonprofit,” Crumlish said. “I see the position at Dwight Hall as being a combination of a teaching role… working on development projects [and] dealing with social and community issues”

Crumlish is currently the director of resource development for the Neighborhood Housing Services of New Haven. He also serves on the board of the Calvin Hill Day Care Center, a non-profit preschool in New Haven, and the Congo Leadership Initiative.

Though he is “thrilled” about the role, Crumlish said he has much to learn about the organization before starting his term on June 1. Crumlish said he looks forward to helping the organization “adapt to how things have changed over time” but has not conceptualized concrete changes he hopes to make.

Dwight Hall has overhauled its financial tracking and accounting practices over the past year, said co-coordinator Will Redden ’14, under the direction of interim executive director Jeanette Archer-Simons. Crumlish will step into his new role able to focus on moving the organization forward rather than updating outdated policies and practices, Archer-Simons said to the News in in January.