THE NEWS

• Yale’s campus is fairly centralized, but one essential component sits as somewhat of an outlier. Located at 55 Whitney Ave., the Undergraduate Career Services office has often caused students to grumble about its far-off location. But beginning this Friday, UCS will extend its services by hosting weekly open hours in a “satellite” office in Dwight Hall. Each Friday afternoon from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., a UCS adviser will be present in the Dwight Hall library to answer students’ questions during 15-minute walk-in sessions similar to the open hours held at the official UCS office for two hours every weekday.
  • As part of efforts to expand its influence and communication with South Asia, the University is partnering with other schools to create a global justice program in India. In October 2011, Thomas Pogge, founder of the Global Justice Program at Yale, teamed up with professors from University of Delhi and the University of Birmingham to create a program in the Indian capital to raise awareness about global justice and to find concrete solutions to poverty in India. The professors received roughly 50,000 pounds ($75,000) in funding from the British Council, an organization that promotes cultural relationships between the United Kingdom and other nations, to create the Nyaya Global Justice Programme at the University of Delhi.
  • The Graduate Student Assembly is considering offering students new transit options for the Westville, Edgewood, and Dwight neighborhoods, amid graduate student concerns that Yale’s campus is inaccessible from these locations. The GSA created an ad-hoc committee last October to assess the need for more transportation options and examine which transit options would best serve the communities farther from campus. Currently, the committee is in a preliminary phase of collecting data on the three neighborhoods, but it has also begun to consider three options to improve transit — to offer students inexpensive passes for CT Transit, to reroute the Yale Shuttle to the neighborhoods, or to create a park and ride near the Yale Bowl. A majority of graduate students living in the three neighborhoods said they currently use the CT Transit system to commute to campus, but its sporadic arrivals and limited service hours make it undesirable.

THE WEATHER High of 42 degrees, low of 31 degrees, chance of snow.

THE FOOD In the colleges

Breakfast: Steelcut Oats, Waffle Bar, Cinnamon Walnut Coffee Ring

Lunch: Greek Bean Soup (Fassolatha), Chef’s Choice Soup, Chef’s Choice Beef, Cashew Chili, Honey Mustard Dip, All-Natural Grilled Chicken Breast, Grilled Garden Burger, All-Natural Grilled Cheeseburger, All-Natural Grilled Burger, Hand-breaded Chicken Tenders, Athenian Chicken Salad Pita, Fresh Market Vegetable, Moroccan Carrot Salad, Chef’s Choice Pantry Salad, White Chocolate Macadamia Cookie, Blondie Butterscotch Bars

Dinner: Greek Bean Soup (Fassolatha), Chef’s Choice Soup, Chef’s Choice Griled Flatbread, Spanish Chicken Chillindron, Pork Souvlaki, Spanish Stuffed Pepper, Tomato & Chick Pea Soup, Chicken Tikka Masala, Dal Masala, Saag Tofu, Eggplant & Red Pepper Panini, All-Natural Grilled Chicken Breast, Grilled Garden Burger, All-Natural Grilled Cheeseburger, All-Natural Grilled Burger, Omelets To-Order, Oven Roast Potatoes, Fresh Market Vegetable, Moroccan Carrot Salad, Chef’s Choice Pantry Salad, Lemon Sheet cake with Raspberry Icing

In Commons

Breakfast: Grits, Cage-Free Scrambled Eggs, Scrambled Egg Whites, Waffle Bar, Omelets To Order, Sausage Links, Potato Pancakes, Cinnamon Walnut Coffee Ring

Lunch: Italian Sausage & Pasta Soup, Corn Chowder, Georgia Baked Ham, Ground Beef Stroganoff, Spaghetti, Grilled Chicken Breast, Vegetable Quesadillas, Pepperoni Pizza, Cheese Pizza, Broccoli Bianca Pizza, Pork Char Siew, Vegetable Fried Rice, Jasmine Rice, Stir-Fried Chicken, Szechuan Tofu Stir Fry, Cheese Spread & Tomato Sandwich, Cilantro Rice, Fresh Market Vegetable, Fresh Corn On The Cob, Couscous With Lemon & Tomatoes, German Potato Salad, White Chocolate Macadamia Cookie, Blondie Butterscotch Bars

YALE DAILY NEWS