According to the bloggers behind Gawker, it doesn’t always pay to be popular, at least when it comes to names.

New York-based blog Gawker published an article on Monday comparing lists of the top 25 most popular male baby names and top 25 female baby names from 1994 to the top 25 male and top 25 female names at Yale. Some of the names that fell into both categories included Alexander, James, Nicholas, Danielle, Rebecca and Stephanie.

According to the article, popular baby names that did not coincide with popular names at Yale included Brandon (No. 5 in America), Tyler (No. 6 in America), Samantha (No. 4 in America) and Taylor (No. 6 in America). In addition, some of the less popular names common at Yale included Abigail, Adam, and Benjamin (‘MURICAA).

Gawker’s post says that seven of the top 12 girls’ names, including Ashley (No. 2), Brittany (No. 7), and Nicole (No. 11), “failed” to appear on the Yale list.

Boys’ names showed more overlap than girls’ names. According to Gawker, the top four male names in America — Michael, Christopher, Matthew and Joshua — all fell within some of the most popular names at Yale. Popular Yale names that did not fall within America’s top 25 included Charles, Peter, Samuel and Thomas. Sounds like a plausible wedgie roster for the playground.

The Gawker post was inspired by data provided by The Guardian, which compared popular English female names to the most common names among Oxford undergrads. (Quick tip: If you want your little bundle of joy to end up Euro-educated, go with Imogen.)

KRISTEN LEE