Six unanswered goals from the No. 2 Quinnipiac Bobcats shut down the Bulldogs 6-2 in tonight’s men’s hockey matchup at Ingalls Rink.

About six minutes into tonight’s contest, the Bulldogs took advantage of a flurry of scoring opportunities to begin with a cozy two-goal lead over crosstown competitor Quinnipiac in an action-packed game that drew Connecticut Gov. Dan Malloy, who sat center ice. But the Bulldogs could not hold the lead, and the Bobcats were able to maintain their now 19-game undefeated streak while the Bulldogs split their games the past two weekends.

Just 1:48 into the game, Mike Dalhuisen went to the box for an early tripping call. The Bulldogs were able to capitalize quickly when Trent Ruffolo ’15 picked up a rebound from Stu Wilson’s ’16 shot from the point after Matt Killian slid to over to him. Ruffolo scooped the puck up and glided past Quinnipiac goaltender Eric Hartzell, sliding a shot on the ice over the goal line to put the Elis up 1–0.

Another power play came to the Bulldogs early when Loren Barron was sent to the box for high sticking Kenny Agostino ’14 in the face after a battle in the corner.

The Elis converted on the power play again to keep their power-play percentage at a 100 percent success rate when Wilson picked up a loose puck in front of a sprawling Hartzell on a shot from Gus Young ’14 from the blue line.

After five minutes of inactivity and most of the momentum with the Bulldogs, the Bobcats finally caught a break when Jesse Root ’14 was sent to the box for tripping. Mike Dalhuisen scored for the third power-play goal of the game when he also smacked in a loose rebound.

The remainder of the first period was fairly quiet with a lot of back-and-forth play in the neutral zone. Cory Hibbeler changed that for Quinnipiac, though, when he broke out of the neutral zone and drove down the left boards before slowing down and firing a quick snap shot past Nick Maricic ’13 from the side of the circle with just under two minutes left in the first period to tie the game 2–2.

Yale was given a penalty at the end of the first that carried over to the second, which they quickly killed off, but that did not stop the relentless Quinnipiac power play from striking again halfway through the second period.

Quinnipiac’s Matthew Peca made a near-identical play to Hibbeler’s goal, but on the opposing side of the ice. He ripped a wrist shot that zipped just inside the post to give the Bobcats a 3–2 lead.

Quinnipiac hammered another power-play goal past the Elis five minutes later when Ben Arnt picked up a rebound and maneuvered a shot past Maricic. The Bulldogs were held to a scoreless second period while Quinnipiac took the lead, and the same 2–0 scoring difference gave Quinnipiac the 6–2 advantage by the end of the game.

A short-handed goal on a turnover pass in front of the Elis’ net put the Bobcats up 5–2. After a lot of chippy play in the final minutes, Zach Davies scored on another low shot on Connor Wilson ’15, who stepped in for Maricic in the third period, to put the final nail in the coffin.