Winning where it counts. In a dramatic wine-tasting showdown in New York, five Yale Law students reinforced Yale’s dominance in all things alcohol, claiming the U.S. Intercollegiate Bordeaux tasting championships. The five-member team beat out competitors from Harvard, Stanford and Columbia to win the crown, proving that when it comes to wine, nobody messes with Yale. Aside from eternal glory, the champions also won a free trip to the Château Lafite Rothschild wine estate in France, where they will compete against teams from the U.K., France and China. Team Yale, represent!

Hungry? Chipotle is coming to town. The popular Mexican grill will open next Tuesday, Jan. 29, and is already poised to fill many late-night study breaks with burritos and guacamole. Another side effect? Looks like we’ll be seeing a lot more burrito costumes this Halloween.

Eat to live, not live to eat. Or at least learn to cook. Yale Dining is launching “Reality Bites,” a series of activities designed to help members of the senior class transition to the real world. Interested? The events include “Cooking 101,” “Wine and Meal Pairing,” “Mixology,” “Formal/Business Etiquette” and “Cooking Locally/In Season.”

Aleksey Vayner ’07, who became an Internet celebrity for his video resume entitled “Impossible is Nothing,” has reportedly died in New York. The cause of death is still to be determined. His memorial service is scheduled for Saturday, Jan. 26, in New York.

Based on graduate student reviews, the Yale School of Management has been ranked 16th in the nation. SOM received high marks in several categories, including second place for student diversity and third place for faculty accessibility and support.

It’s the season of love. For freshmen. At least for those interested in attending Freshman Screw, which will be held on Feb. 2 and titled “The Great Gatsby: Drop it Like F. Scott,” or participating in freshman speed dating. Love is in the air! Just pull out your pearls and flapper dresses, and get ready to party like it’s the Roaring ’20s.

Madam President? Professor Anne-Marie Slaughter has become the people’s choice for Princeton’s next president, based on suggestions gathered online. Slaughter, who gained national attention for her article, “Why Women Still Can’t Have It All,” won with roughly 32 percent of the vote.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1977 The New Haven Police Department is accused of wiretapping the Yale chapter of “Students for a Democratic Society.”

YALE DAILY NEWS