With the Connecticut Senate race drawing to a close, U.S. Representative Chris Murphy (D) and former CEO of World Wrestling Entertainment Linda McMahon (R) are both looking to fill retiring Senator Joe Lieberman’s ’64 LAW ’67 seat.

Here’s a look at some of the endorsements for each candidate as Connecticut prepares for Election Day:

For Chris Murphy:

The New York Times: “He [Murphy] was a strong voice for ending the war in Iraq and worked diligently on the committee that helped draft the health care reforms. He also helps run a bipartisan group in the House, the Center Aisle Caucus, that tries to find common ground between the two parties.”

The Hartford Courant: “For his greater grasp of federal issues, The Courant endorses U.S. Rep. Christopher S. Murphy for U.S. Senate.”

President Bill Clinton LAW ’73: “This man [Murphy] has worked his heart out in Congress.”

NARAL Pro-Choice America PAC: “[Murphy] can help defend the values of freedom and privacy shared by Connecticut’s women and families.”

Alliance for Retired Americans: “Chris Murphy holds very different views on Social Security and we need him in the Senate to protect this and other key programs.”

Other supporters include: Connecticut Governor Dannel Malloy, MoveOn.org Political Action, The Weston Democratic Town Committee, The League of Conservation Voters and the Connecticut AFL-CIO.

For Linda McMahon:

U.S. Chamber of Commerce:: “We believe that your election to the U.S. Senate will help produce sustained economic growth, help create more jobs, and get our country back on track.”

Restore America’s Legacy” PAC:: “[McMahon] has gone far and beyond her opponent in explaining her beliefs and views as well as extensively detailing her proposals for creating jobs, balancing the budget, improving health care, ensuring our national security, and a number of other issues.”

Jimmy LaSalvia, director of GOProud: “Linda McMahon not only has the private sector experience, she has also proposed a plan that will help grow the economy, create jobs, and end our disastrous dependence on foreign oil.”

Other supporters include: New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, National Committeewoman Pat Longo, National Committeeman John Frey, Former Ambassador Tom Foley

ERIC XIAO