THE NEWS

• While university officials said Yale remains committed to building the two new residential colleges, the future of the project is uncertain. Since construction will not begin until Yale raises the remaining $300 million in donations, University President Richard Levin said the decision of when to start building will likely fall to the new president. Levin added that the Office of Development is focusing on fundraising for core university operations during the remainder of his term.
  • Last week, the University ended its nine-year-long relationship with Indigo Blue, a nonprofit center for Buddhist life at Yale, and its director Bruce Blair. All programs hosted by Indigo Blue — including its daily Buddhist chanting and meditation sessions — have been discontinued.
  • Three months after receiving a $1.95 million grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, the Graduate School is using the funds to create a new concentration for Ph.D. students. “Technologies of Knowledge,” the new concentration, will bring together 12 third-year Ph.D. students from various disciplines to partake in a two-semester interdisciplinary seminar of the technologies involved in disseminating knowledge. The students, who will begin the program this spring, will also receive an additional year of funding to pursue interdisciplinary research.

THE WEATHER

High of 62 degrees, low of 56 degrees, heavy rain. Hurricane Sandy.

THE FOOD

In the colleges

Lunch: Grilled-to-order Star Ranch All-Natural Burgers & Cheeseburgers, All Natural Chicken Breasts, Jumbo All Beef Franks, Gardenburgers The Original, Gardenburger Black Bean Veggie Burgers, or Grilled Tofu, plus French Fries

Dinner: Grilled-to-order Star Ranch All Natural Burgers & Cheeseburgers, All Natural Chicken Breasts, Jumbo All Beef Franks, Gardenburgers The Original, Gardenburger Black Bean Veggie Burgers, or Grilled Tofu, plus French Fries.

In Commons

Commons will be closed Monday due to the storm.