Stormy night. A big time storm slammed Connecticut Tuesday evening, triggering a flash flood warning, a severe thunderstorm warning and a tornado watch for New Haven. Over 41,000 Connecticut residents lost power, including several hundred in New Haven, according to United Illuminating.

Raise your voice. Charles Goodyear ’80 and Paul Joskow GRD ’72, chair and vice-chair of the presidential search committee, sent an email Tuesday to Yale College students, inviting them to an open forum to discuss the search for Yale’s next president. The forum will be held Sept. 28 at 2:30 p.m. in Battell Chapel.

R.I.P. 29-year-old Joseph Mirvil was shot and killed around 7:30 Tuesday evening at the Church Street South housing complex near Union Station, the Associated Press reported. As of press time, there was no word of any arrest.

Announcement. In an email to students, the Yale College Council announced the winners of last week’s election for each college’s representatives and laid out goals, including “reviewing new policies regarding tailgates and off-campus life; a new online hub and events calendar for Yale students; increased options for Gender Neutral Housing; improved access to mental health resources; extended deadlines for Credit/D/Fail; new and improved events; and a report of student opinion to select the successor to Yale University President Richard Levin.”

Dead heat. A new poll from the University of Hartford and the Hartford Courant shows Democrat Chris Murphy and Republican Linda McMahon locked in a tie in the race to replace U.S. Sen. Joe Lieberman ’64 LAW ’67. The poll shows Murphy ahead, 37-33, with a 4.4 percent margin of error. Thirty percent of voters remain undecided.

Alive and voting. A ballot cast by an elderly woman in the Windsor, Conn., Democratic primary for the fifth General Assembly District nomination may end up deciding the race: It was originally unopened because it was marked deceased, before reports came in that the woman is, indeed, alive. The vote could actually become pivotal, as the race is currently tied, with 774 votes for Leo Canty and 774 for Brandon McGee.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1963 At the request of Provost Kingman Brewster, the executive board of the Yale Political Union withdraws its invitation to segregationist Alabama Gov. George Wallace to address the YPU on Nov. 4, saying his presence would impair relations between Yale and New Haven’s black community.