Community response. In a Monday email to the Berkeley community, Master Marvin Chun addressed the community in the wake of a break-in in which a hooded man and woman entered a student suite in Entryway I and stole iPods, phones, wallets and a laptop. He credited Justin Stewart ’14 for calling the police after he saw two suspicious individuals in the entryway, and asked students if they could “please, please take appropriate measures to ensure the safety and security of Berkeley and all Berkeleyites.” “We are the front line of protection for each other,” Chun wrote, inviting students to speak to him if they have further concerns.

We have a winner. Playwright Clarence Coo will be awarded the Yale Drama Series award today at Lincoln Center, a $10,000 prize that means the Yale University Press will publish his play, “Beautiful Province.” Coo’s work, the story of a 15-year-old boy and his French high school teacher taking a road trip across Canada, will be staged immediately following today’s award ceremony.

Fearless leaders. In a Monday afternoon email, the Senior Class Council secretary and treasurer announced the names of 20 seniors who will serve on the council, and who earn, through their intensive party planning, the privilege to sit on stage at graduation.

Who’s speaking for us? Though Yale College Council elections were held last Friday, one tipster points out that the YCC has yet to let students know who actually won. So what’s the holdup? We’re waiting, Gonzalez.

A new face in Waco. Yale Law School constitutional law scholar Akhil Reed Amar ’80 GRD ’84 was a special guest for Constitution Day at Baylor University in Waco on Monday, discussing “contemporary issues” with Baylor President Ken Starr. (Yes, that Ken Starr.)

A new exhibit. Quinnipiac University will open “Ireland’s Great Hunger Museum” — a museum focused on the Irish potato famine — on its Hamden campus early next month, the Hartford Courant reported. The 4,750-square foot museum will house the world’s largest collection of visual art, print materials and artifacts related to the famine.

In memoriam. Lia Lee, the subject of a National Book Critics Circle Award-winning book by current Yale professor Anne Fadiman, died late last month, at age 30. Last week, an obituary of Lee ran in The New York Times.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1979 A 20-year-old Brooklyn man is held on $1000 bail after allegedly robbing a 23-year-old graduate student, stealing her pocketbook.