Special guest. Burmese human rights activist, opposition leader and Nobel laureate Aung San Suu Kyi will be on campus Sept. 27 to deliver a speech at Sprague Hall, University President Richard Levin announced in a Wednesday email. The speech will run from 11:30 a.m. to 12:50, and tickets will be available on the second floor of Woolsey Hall from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sept. 19 and 20.

DNC continues. In addition to Gov. Dannel Malloy, former President Bill Clinton LAW ’73 fired up the crowd at the Democratic Convention in Charlotte Wednesday night with a ringing endorsement of President Barack Obama. Natural talent, or a gift from within the hallowed halls of Yale Law School?

Murphy looks for help. This week is an important one for U.S. Rep. Chris Murphy, who’s in Charlotte seeking assistance from big Democratic donors to help him defeat Republican WWE executive Linda McMahon this fall. Polls show the race as too close to call; as of July 25, Murphy had raised $5.5 million to McMahon’s $14 million.

Getting noticed. The University of Connecticut student newspaper, The Daily Campus, ran an editorial Wednesday evening praising Levin’s tenure and examining the lessons UConn can draw from Levin’s example. “Yale has been lucky to have somebody like Richard Levin as president,” the editorial reads. “We wish him luck, from one dog (a Husky) to another (a Bulldog).”

Meeting crashers. Early Wednesday afternoon, students across campus received an email from one “Sue N. Tit, Ph.D.” — an anagram for “The Pundits.” The email told students to gather in the Prospect Street entrance to Becton Lab before walking over to a meeting in the Computer Science Department at Arthur K. Watson Hall, to discuss what type of espresso machine the department should install in its second-floor kitchen. The crashers asked questions like, “What about a tea maker? Can we just make tea?” and “I’m just confused … is it espresso or expresso?” before the students and faculty in attendance figured out the prank and continued the meeting on their own.

Goodbye to you? The New Haven Register’s parent company, the Journal Register Co., announced this week that it had filed for bankruptcy protection — the second time in four years for a parent company of the Register. No staff reductions are planned.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1978 The University announces a $1.25 million, five-year anonymous grant to fund undergrad writing classes so students aren’t turned away.