Ladies and gentlemen, Yale. During a talk examining how Watergate would unfold in the digital era, fabled journalist Bob Woodward ’65 recalled a story in which Yale journalism students had to write a one-page paper on what coverage of a Watergate scandal would look like today. Woodward told the annual conference of the American Society of News Editors that he “came as close as I ever have to having an aneurysm” because one of the students wrote “‘Oh, you would just use the Internet and you’d go to “Nixon’s secret fund” and it would be there.’”

Flying high. Red Bull, famous for giving you wings, held a paper airplane contest in Commons Wednesday afternoon in which students could enter to win an all-expenses-paid trip to Austria to represent the United States at the Red Bull Paper Wings World Finals.

They’re back. Remember the freshman “Whaling Crew” that started selling shirts last fall in honor of the start of hockey season? They’re back with a tank-top design that costs $10 during pre-sale.

The big leagues. In an article published today, the New York Times takes its own look at faculty dissent on campus in New Haven, calling it “a whiff of a Yale Spring” in which professors are feeling “disempowered,” as political science professor Seyla Benhabib says in the article.

More time in the Times. Yale Law School professor Linda Greenhouse published a column on the Times’ Opinionator blog Wednesday evening in which she claims that the case currently facing the Supreme Court — whether the Affordable Care Act violates the Constitution — is an easy case, but the Court has made it look difficult.

Seussical the Hospital. Thanks to a generous donation from Theodor Geisel — popularly known as the famed children’s author Dr. Seuss — Dartmouth’s medical school will now be known as the Audrey and Theodor Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth.

Big cash, first cash. Jamestown, The First Town in America, a band whose members mostly include Yale undergrads, raised more than $3,000 via a campaign on Kickstarter — that’s double their original goal of $1,500.

Watch for black robes. Pre-tap for senior societies starts tonight at 8 p.m., starting a weeklong process that ends with tap night next Thursday.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1981 Recognizing an area of weakness in Judaic studies, the University starts raising $6.2 million to make the program into a “great asset.”