New Haven’s hottest game is back.

In a Monday email to sophomores, the Sophomore Class Council announced the launch of assassins and urged interested students to sign up “NOW.” Tentative rules for the game include “elimination by socks,” as water guns will be prohibited this year. There will also be safe zones, including students’ dorm rooms. The grand prize: $200 of Miya’s. That’s a lot -f late-night sushi, sophomores.

This iteration of the long-standing tradition comes just a year after the SCC had to indefinitely cancel last year’s game. The game came to an abrupt end when then-SCC representative Rebecca Miller’s ’13 email account, which contained top secret Assassins information, was hacked. Then-SCC President Omar Njie ’13 told the News that Information Technology Services had advised him at the time to tell students participating in Assassins to change their NetID passwords, and Calhoun College Master and Chair of the Council of Masters Jonathan Holloway said that stealing other students’ identities electronically consisted of a breach of Undergraduate Regulations.

Current SCC President John Gonzalez ’14 said the council considered several options, including using a third-party website like sassins.com, to ensure the game would run smoothly this year. But he said the council ultimately decided to run the game by communicating individually with each player rather than by sending mass emails or using Google Docs.

“Yes, we are nearing 200 players registered, but we are willing to take on the difficult task of making the game fair by putting in the time necessary to keep track of things,” Gonzalez said in an email Wednesday.

Sophomores hoping Assassins doesn’t again suffer an untimely death can sign up for the game by sending their name, email and an alias to yalesophomoreclasscouncil@gmail.com by 11:59 p.m. Friday. Participants will be given the name of their target along with a set of rules on Saturday.

DANIEL SISGOREO