Say goodbye? Alexander Nemerov GRD ’92, an esteemed art historian and chair of Yale’s History of Art Department, may leave for Stanford after this school year, he said in a Monday interview. Nemerov, whose “Introduction to the History of Art: Renaissance to the Present” was the most popular class on campus this semester, has not yet accepted or rejected a recent offer from Stanford.

Brace yourselves. After a game of assassins brought panlist hijacking and breaches of privacy to class of 2013, this year’s Sophomore Class Council announced in a Monday email that the class of 2014 would begin its own round of the game on Feb. 4. The winning team will receive a $200 gift certificate to Miya’s.

Sisterhood has started. After an intense weekend rush period, 126 women received bids to Yale’s three sororities Monday afternoon. All three sororities had enough women accept their bids to make quota. One hundred percent of women who received a bid from Kappa Alpha Theta or Pi Beta Phi accepted.

Building a distillery. A group of Yale architecture students arrived in Louisville this week to design an urban distillery as part of an advanced design studios program. The project will only be designed, and will not be constructed.

A spoonful of cinnamon? The principal of Clinton Avenue School, an elementary school in Fair Haven, has been placed on paid administrative leave after she reportedly watched a student take the “cinnamon challenge,” in which competitors attempt to swallow a spoonful of cinnamon at lunch and did nothing to stop it, the New Haven Register reported.

Close one. A fire erupted at a residence on Winchester Avenue in Newhallville on Sunday, but firefighters were able to get all those inside out safely and contain the damage to the second floor. The Red Cross found shelter for 11 families displaced by the fire, the Register reported.

Recompense. Today is the last day for Connecticut Light & Power customers statewide to apply for rebates for power lost during the snowstorm that struck Connecticut just before Halloween last fall and left many in the state without power for days, even weeks.

Honored. Smilow Cancer Hospital’s Breast Center earned three-year accreditation as a breast center from the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers last week.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1917 Freshmen in the Sheffield Scientific School begin their examinations.