Goodbye to you. After nine months on the job, City Hall spokesman Adam Joseph announced last week he will be leaving his post to take a job as press secretary for the State Senate Democrats in Hartford. Elizabeth Benton ’04, a former City Hall reporter for the New Haven Register, will take over as the voice of the city.

The artist returns. Notorious graffiti artist Believe in People Tweeted a Google Map of New Haven in which the letters “BiP” are traced between various points on Chapel and Grove Streets, York and State Streets, at which messages like “GET BACK UP,” “EMBRACE UNCERTAINTY” and “KEEP YOUR DREAMS” are tagged on sidewalks.

Though the Bulldogs did not fare well at the Yale Bowl football field at the Nov. 19 Harvard-Yale game, Yale reigned supreme over the Cantabs in the Harvard-Yale chess match the night before, winning 3-2.

Crimson love. Though Harvard sucks, love came out of the Crimson sidelines at the Game when one Harvard football player, a senior, proposed to his sophomore girlfriend, and she said yes.

Lost, then found. According to emails sent to Davenport students on Saturday, Dean Ryan Brasseaux’s GRD ’08 golden retriever, Marley, went missing from the college’s courtyard Saturday night. He was found shortly thereafter.

A questionable question. Though Harvard College is mulling an application question allowing applicants to identify as LGBTQ, Dean of Admissions Jeffrey Brenzel said Yale will not be adding an LGBTQ question, as it may create unfair dilemmas for applicants.

His biggest fan. A city employee and apparent supporter of Mayor John DeStefano Jr. had the mayor’s face tattooed on a bicep, CT.com reported. The tattoo includes the words “Original Gangsta” below DeStefano’s face. “People say to me, ‘you are crazy, what are you going to tell your grandchildren 40 years from now when they ask you about that tattoo,’ ” the employee said. “I say, ‘what are you talking about? In 40 years John DeStefano is still going to be mayor.’ ”

In Singapore, leaders of the Yale-NUS liberal arts college announced that its board of directors will include University President Richard Levin, University Secretary Linda Lorimer, Yale affiliates Roland Betts ’68, Catherine Hill GRD ’85, Clark Randt ’68 and five Singaporean leaders.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1916 A late-night fire destroys the Ives Building on Water Street, causing $100,000 in damage.