In less than a minute, Ingalls Rink went quiet.

After the hockey team built a 3–0 lead through the first two periods Saturday night, UConn scored two goals within 25 seconds to pull the game to 3–2.

But Yale (5–1–1, 3–1 ECAC) bounced back, scored the next goal and went on to take the nonconference matchup with the Huskies by a 5–3 score.

“Our forecheck was outstanding tonight,” head coach Keith Allain ’80 said. “I thought our passing game was better tonight. We played well enough to score a lot more goals even than what you saw.”

The UConn comeback started when the Elis got caught off-guard less than a minute into the third period. UConn (4–5–2) brought a 4-on-2 odd-man rush at the Bulldogs, and goalie Jeff Malcolm ’13 was helpless as Cole Schneider put a laser inside the near post. Only moments later, Jordan Sims put one away for the Huskies to make it 3–2. Team captain Brian O’Neill ’12 said at that point he just wanted to keep the team calm.

“[In that situation] you just want to be calm, you don’t want to overreact,” he said. “If the older guys start overreacting it sends a bad message for the younger guys.”

Apparently, the message went through. Soon thereafter, Kenny Agostino ’14 scored his second goal of the night to give the Bulldogs a two-goal cushion. For Agostino, tonight’s goals were his first two of the season after going scoreless through the team’s first six games.

“It was nice to finally break through that wall,” Agostino said. “But it was a credit to how we played tonight. We had a lot of energy and executed on all of our plays.”

The Elis kicked off the scoring Saturday night with another strong first period after they put three on the board in the first 20 minutes against Union.

“I think our guys are excited to play,” Allain said. “They came out with that enthusiasm and energy and it has an immediate impact on the game.”

Clint Bourbonais ’14 started the scoring about four minutes into the game. About five minutes later, Agostino notched his first goal of the night. Andrew Miller ’13 charged up the middle of the ice with the puck and laid it off to Agostino who fired a quick shot past the UConn goalie.

The Elis will be back in action when they travel to Bridgeport, Conn. on Tuesday for a 7 p.m. matchup with Sacred Heart.