We’re number 4! Yale came in fourth place in U.S. News and World Report’s rankings of the Top World Universities, released on Tuesday. The University of Cambridge took the top spot, followed by Harvard and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Oxford came in fifth. Princeton took 13th.

Sigga as savior. Sigridur Benediktsdottir GRD ’05, associate chair and lecturer in economics known as Sigga, was tapped by the Icelandic government to lead the struggling nation’s financial recovery as leader of the financial stability division of the Central Bank of Iceland. She will continue teaching this spring but will leave Yale at the end of the academic year.

Sick of tea that tells you lies? True to its name, Honest Tea set up an “Honest Store” booth on Elm Street near Cross Campus on Tuesday. The booth invited passersby to purchase a bottle of Honest Tea, but on the “honor system” — no attendant was present nearby to ensure that those who took bottles were paying the full price.

Score. The Beinecke Rare Book and Mansucript Library will soon be the home of the only known copy of a long-lost play by legendary American playwright Eugene O’Neill, the University announced in a Tuesday press release. O’Neill wrote “Exorcism,” based on his 1912 suicide attempt, in 1919 and it made its debut in 1920. O’Neill cancelled the play over concern for his parents, and attempted to destroy all remaining copies. It is currently being serialized in The New Yorker.

Stuck in the past? Some technical difficulties mean History majors looking to pre-register for Spring semester junior seminars will have to wait until a website goes live again. Though pre-registration opened at 3 p.m. on Oct. 17, the site was not functioning properly. The History Department’s administrative assistant Essie Lucky-Barros encouraged students in a Tuesday email to try again, but the site was still down. Programmers are now recreating the entire site, which is down until further notice, Lucky-Barros wrote in a later email.

It’s getting heated on High. As October draws to a close, Kappa Alpha Theta leads LettuceFest, the Little Salad Shop’s monthlong competition to see which Greek organization can eat the most salads this month, with 53 total purchases. Sigma Alpha Epsilon sits in second, with 49 total purchases.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1941 In an informal visit to campus, Peruvian diplomat Carlos Concha encouraged Yale to bolster its Latin American studies program.