Flyers about a “Missing Chinese Girl” were posted throughout Yale’s campus and downtown New Haven late Sunday evening, but authorities are not sure if the supposed victim is real.

According to the flyer, which shows a grainy black and white photo of an Asian female, a 25-year-old named Ming-yan Wei was last seen in downtown New Haven on Sept. 21, 2011 at 11:45 p.m. The flyer listed an email and phone number to call. But New Haven Police Department spokesman David Hartman told the News there are no reports of anyone with her last name missing in all of Connecticut.

Wei is described in the flyer as 5 feet 4 inches, 110 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes. The sheet adds that, when last seen, Wei had a bruised left eye and that she “may be associated with a group involved with occult or magical practices.”

Once the News alerted the NHPD to the flyer, a team of detectives began in investigation, Hartman said, adding that the circumstances are “certainly suspicious.”

After two calls to the phone number listed on the flyer, the News has not received any replies. Hartman said that NHPD detectives also tried to use the phone number and email address listed on the sheet, but had not been contacted back as of 4 p.m.

The flyer offers a $10,000 reward for “information leading to Ming-yan’s whereabouts.”