Yalies sure are glamorous. This year, seniors Katie Miller ’12 and Jordana Confino ’12 have been named two of Glamour magazine’s top ten college women in America. The annual competition has been recognizing the country’s most exceptional female undergraduates for the past 54 years, and this time around, Confino and Miller impressed the magazine with their contributions to women’s and gay rights, respectively.

Miller, a political science major, has been featured in the New York Times and other prominent media outlets as an opponent of the military’s now-repealed “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy. Upon finishing her degree at Yale, Miller hopes to train as an officer and serve in Afghanistan.

“I know it sounds corny, but I feel a great sense of responsibility for protecting [this country],” she told Glamour.

Likewise, Confino feels a similar sense of responsibility to work toward improved women’s rights. Eight years ago, Confino founded a non-profit organization geared toward improving women’s education in developing countries. The group, Girls Learn International, has since grown into a worldwide initiative spanning 84 chapters in the U.S. in support of 31 different classrooms overseas.

Other Yalies that have been previously awarded this honour by Glamour Magazine are Lily Dorman-Colby ’09 and Oluwadamilola Oladeru ’11.

YANAN WANG