This weekend, the women’s lacrosse team broke its three-game losing streak, but then, less than 48 hours later, fell back into the losing column.

On Friday, the Bulldogs defeated Colgate 10–7 at home before travelling on the road to Washington, D.C., where Yale lost 16–3 to Georgetown on Sunday afternoon.

After a tough loss to Harvard last week, the team fought back in the Friday game against Colgate.

Captain Fielding Kidd ’11 said that they went to the field ready to win.

Three players made their first goals of the season, with midfielder Adrienne Tarver ’14 and Sabine van der Linden ’14 each putting in a goal and midfielder Logan Greer ’11 adding two to the score. Meanwhile, attacker Ashley McCormick ’14 had in three goals in the game, doubling her total for the season.

In the first half, after a goal from the Raiders in the third minute, Greer scored in the 14th minute of the game to match Colgate’s first point. Colgate pushed back less than 15 seconds after Greer’s goal and would enter halftime with a 3–2 lead.

In the second half, Yale started off with a bang, scoring eight of the next nine goals. Within the first two minutes, van der Linden and Greer added two more points to the Bulldogs’ score. Later in the second half, the team was able to make a six-point streak. The final three goals were made by the Raiders in the last three minutes as they tried to fight back against the Bulldogs.

“It’s unfortunate that we let in a couple more goals at the end, but we still ended the game with a win, which was most important,” Kidd said.

Both McCormick and Kidd said that the team was able to rebound after last week’s tough loss to Harvard by having a team discussion, where they pinpointed main problems in the team’s play.

“Once we recognized that most of the issues stemmed from a psychological standpoint in terms of confidence and mental strength, we bonded together as a team in order to eradicate that weak spot from our game,” McCormick said.

Tarver added that the team felt good going into the game against Colgate.

“After spending the week regrouping as a team, I knew we were going to play a lot better than we had against Harvard,” Tarver said.

The game was the Bulldogs’ second win of the season. The team’s first victory was on March 12 was an 11–8 win over Marist and was also at home.

Coming off of the win against Colgate, the Yale team faced No. 17 Georgetown. After two goals from the Hoyas, Jen DeVito ’14 scored two goals in the fourth and fifth minutes of the first half to level the score 2–2. But while these were the last Yale scores in the first half, the Hoyas were just getting started. By halftime they had a nine-point lead.

Georgetown did not let up in the second half, as it scored five of the six goals that occurred after the break. Caroline Crow ’12 made the last goal for the Bulldogs in the 17th minute.

Kidd said that she thought that Georgetown was able to pinpoint the team’s weaknesses and pick them apart.

“They were a very fast team and were able to use their speed against us.” Kidd said.

Looking forward to the team’s next four games against Ivy opponents, McCormick said the team united under the same collective goal: to win the rest of the Ivy League games and make it into the Ivy tournament for the seven seniors.

The Bulldogs’ next will play host to Princeton on Saturday at noon.