Electronic duo Designer Drugs will join rapper Lupe Fiasco at Spring Fling. The band lists a performance at “Yale University” on their MySpace for April 26, the date of the annual festival on Old Campus.

Meanwhile, there was an attempt to fool students by listing artists Waka Flocka Flame and Michelle Branch in the source code for the Yale College Council’s Spring Fling website, along with already confirmed performer Lupe. Despite tricking some, it was a prank, web designer Bay Gross ’13 said.

So long, farewell. Students, masters and administrators celebrated the tenure of Branford Master Steven Smith in Commons Saturday night. Speakers included Pierson Master Harvey Goldblatt, Branford Senior Administrative Assistant Alicia Heaney and various alumni. Cuisines served ranged from New York cheesecake to Cajun crawfish.

A broken water pipe in the roof of Sterling Memorial Library caused a leak that left water in the library’s hallways and Map Collection on the seventh floor, Acting University Librarian Jon Butler wrote in an email to the News. The affected areas have been treated, he wrote, and staff will begin to assess any damage “immediately Monday morning.” He added that one map has been moved to the library’s preservation facility for treatment.

Ezra Stiles College won the Gimbel Cup, the award given to the residential college with the highest collective grade-point average from 2010.

Despite their smarts, Stilesians were still pranked by an email offering tickets to Charlie Sheen’s show in New York next weekend.

Two-thirds of the Board of Aldermen signed a letter asking Mayor John DeStefano Jr. to consult the board before hiring assistant police chiefs to fill the three existing vacancies.

Hail to the chief. Yale Police Department Chief Ronnell Higgins will make an appearance at the April 8 opening ceremony for the Freshman Olympics. The Freshman Class Council released a promotional video this weekend. Set to Eminem, students held up post-its answering the question “what does it take to win?”

Harvard administrators have banned hard alcohol from off-campus formals, the Harvard Crimson reported Friday.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

2007 Branford College Dean Thomas McDow ’93 emails Branfordians informing them that he is leaving his post at the end of the semester.

YALE DAILY NEWS