Last weekend, the women’s basketball team’s weekend sweep vaulted them from a third-place tie up to second place in the Ivy League standings. This weekend, the Bulldogs have a chance to complete their climb and take possession of first-place in the league.

The Elis (10–12, 6–2 Ivy) will travel to south to take on the top of the league Princeton Tigers (17–4, 6–1) on Friday night and Penn (9–12, 3–4) on Saturday. Friday night’s game between the Bulldogs and Tigers will be a high stakes showdown, as the winner will take sole possession of first place in the Ancient Eight. The Bulldogs currently trail first-place Princeton by only half a game.

The Bulldogs have momentum going into the two matchups after winning both of their games last week. The Elis defeated Harvard, 82–71, and Dartmouth, 66–53, over the weekend to earn the sweep.

This week will be the first of two consecutive weeks that the Bulldogs will play on the road. It will be big test for the Elis, who are 3–6 when playing away from John J. Lee Amphitheater.

“6–2 is nice; of course, I think we wish we could be better,” head coach Chris Gobrecht said last Saturday. “I think we have a very, very tough second half [of the season]. The next two weekends are where we’ll find out what we’re made of.”

Princeton is also coming off a weekend sweep. The Tigers defeated Columbia, 57–35, on Friday, and Cornell, 65–43, the next day.

The Bulldogs will look to avenge their Jan. 29 loss to the Tigers, 52–37. Though Yale held Princeton to only 20 points in the first half, they could not contain the Tiger’s offense for a full 40 minutes, and Princeton was able to emerge with the victory.

The Tigers have the best scoring margin in the league at +15.6, and are led by senior guard Addie Micir and junior center Devona Allgood, who average 12.9 and 12.3 points per game, respectively.

The Tigers lead the all-time series with Yale 44–30.

Penn is also coming off a sweep of Cornell and Columbia last week. The first meeting of the season between Yale and Penn was a defensive battle, but the Bulldogs ultimately came out on top, 53–44, behind guard Megan Vasquez’s ’13 game-high 16 points.

Penn is second in the league in scoring defense and is holding teams to just 53.6 points a night. The Quakers also boast the league’s top scorer, freshman guard Alyssa Baron, who is averaging 16.5 points per game. Penn is also strong on the glass, with guard Erin Power and forward Jess Knapp averaging 7.1 and 6.9 boards per game, respectively, good for second and third in the conference. Yale has a slim 34–33 margin over Penn in the all-time series.

Tip-off against Princeton is scheduled for tonight at 6 p.m. at Jadwin Gymnasium in Princeton, N.J. The Bulldogs will travel to Penn the following night for a 7 p.m. tip-off at the Palestra in Philadelphia, Penn.