At least two online petitions urging University administrators to take action against the DKE fraternity have sprung up since members of the Delta Kappa Epsilon fraternity chanted offensive statements on Old Campus Wednesday night.

One asks University President Richard Levin to publicly denounce the behavior of the DKE pledges during an initiation ritual, where they chanted and shouted phrases such as “No means yes, yes means anal” and “My name is Jack, I’m a necrophiliac, I f— dead women.”

According to the blog, yaleresponse.wordpress.com, which hosts the petition, the petition is being spearheaded by a group of unspecified Yale alumni. Their petition references similar previous episodes — such as the Zeta Psi “We Love Yale Sluts” incident in 2008 and last year’s “Preseason Scouting Report,” which ranked 53 freshman women based on appearance — to prove the need for an official Yale response.

“By not offering an unequivocal denunciation from the Office of the President, the university communicates indifference to DKE’s actions,” the petition says.

Change.org, a website dedicated to social change initiatives and advocacy issues, has launched another petition motivated by the DKE incident, started by Dartmouth graduate and change.org editor Alex DiBranco.

The petition, titled “Tell Yale to Discipline Fraternity for Pro-Rape Chant,” asserts that the dialogue between DKE and the Women’s Center “isn’t enough,” and also calls for Levin and Yale College Dean Mary Miller to take disciplinary measures against the fraternity. The petition also supports Yale feminist magazine Broad Recognition’s request for “real administrative action.”

The Yale Response and change.org petitions have garnered 1,094 and 1,375 signatures respectively, as of 8:40 p.m. Tuesday. Elizabeth Deutsch ’11, business coordinator for the Women’s Center, said the Center is not involved in either of these petitions.