THE NEWS

• Bun Lai, Sushi guru and owner of Miya’s Sushi on Howe St.,brought samples of sustainable sushi for students to savor during his talk about his past, his restaurant and the world of “eco-friendly sushi” at a Calhoun Master’s Tea Monday.
  • Need to borrow a camera? A Mac adapter? Go online.After about a year of testing, the Mass Media Equipment Checkout program, which allows Yale students to borrow digital equipment such as camcorders, tripods and Mac adapters, was officially released this month, the program’s co-assistant director Erin Scott said. Before the BMEC program , the Digital Media Center of the Arts was the only place for students to borrow high quality digital equipment, but the catch is that only art students had access. Now, anyone with a Yale affiliation can borrow equipment, Scott said.
  • Republican gubernatorial candidate Tom Foley visited Louis’ Lunch on Crown Street Monday. With two weeks to go until Election Day, Foley came to the historic New Haven eatery to talk to reporters about his campaign, which lags Democrat Dan Malloy’s by seven points according to a Quinnipiac University poll released Friday. There was one problem: Louis’ Lunch is closed on Mondays. Campaign Press Secretary Liz Osborn said that the visit was intended to take place inside the restaurant, but the campaign was unaware Louis’ is closed every Monday.

THE WEATHER

High of 56 degrees, low of 37 degrees, chance of rain

THE FOOD

In the colleges

Breakfast: Waffle Bar

Lunch: Four Onion Soup, Chicken Orzo Soup, Chicken, Sausage & Potato Contadina, Israeli Couscous with Spinach & Chickpeas, Cheese Sauce, Grilled Beef Chili Topping, Steakhouse French Fries, Grass-Fed Burger, Grass-Fed Cheeseburger, Italian Deli Zep, Roasted Summer Beets, Fresh Whole Green Beans, Egyptian Bean Salad, Iced Carrot Cupcake, Fudge Choc Chip Walnut Cookie

Dinner: Huli Huli Chicken Pieces, Chili-spiced Mahi Mahi Fillet, Caribbean Bean Bouillabaisse, Cheese Sauce, Grilled Beef Chili Topping, Steakhouse French Fries, Basmati Rice, Sautéed Yellow Squash & Carrots, Hawaiian Macaroni Salad, Egyptian Bean Salad

In Commons

No menu available.

YALE DAILY NEWS