Yalies have a new way of getting to The Game this year, thanks to a renewed New Haven-Boston bus service

Transport Azumah, a New York City-based private bus and van company formed in 2002, has resumed direct service from New Haven to Boston on a trial basis. The buses, which began running Sept. 24, are running only Friday to Sunday until the company decides if there is a market for the service.

Joel Azumah, the owner of the company, said in an e-mail that trips along the route had to be cancelled in November of last year because GotoBus — the ticketing agency through which 80 percent of bus tickets were sold—did not provide payment to Transport Azumah in a timely fashion.

As of now, passengers can purchase a one-way ticket between the Elm City and Boston for $25.

Azumah said that the New Haven-Boston route was established in September 2009 because the New Haven Board of Aldermen had pushed for low-cost transportation.

Board of Aldermen President Carl Goldfield said in a phone interview Tuesday that there is still a lack of accessible low-cost transportation in New Haven. He added that though using public transportation may require sacrificing some convenience, New Haven should have an affordable option for its students and those who travel for business.

“It’s always great to have New Haven connected to other cities,” he said. “Companies like [Transport Azumah] are so important because they lower transportation costs and take off some added financial pressure, especially during these tough times.”

Azumah said his company intends to increase service along the route if the trial run performs well.

Nine of ten undergraduates interviewed around campus were glad to hear that they now have an alternative to the expenses of other transportation systems. The students said that they are interested in the bus service and that the tickets are affordable.

Four of these ten said they would take their bike on the new bus to Boston.

“As a college student, cost always factors into my travel plans,” said Kerri Lu ’14. “I’ve been thinking about visiting Boston recently, but was debating whether it would be worth my time and money.”

For Claire Xue ’14, the new bus route makes taking a trip away from campus feasible.

“I haven’t been to Boston before, but this bus route makes me want to go,” she said. “The cost is so low in comparison to what I’ve heard about Amtrak that I might as well take advantage of it. Now, even with the Game coming up soon, I might explore that city beforehand.”

There are currently two stops available near campus: New Haven-State Street Station, and Elm Street just south of College Street on the Green. The pickup in Boston is across the street from 290 Congress St.