After opening its season last weekend with three wins, the women’s volleyball team hope its wins continue coming in bunches of three.

Yale (3–0) will try to extend its winning streak against the New Jersey Institute of Technology, Georgetown and host Long Island University at the Blackbird Invitational this weekend.

The Bulldogs are coming off a sweep at last weekend’s Yale Invitational, where the Elis defeated Stony Brook, Quinnipiac and Rhode Island .

Opposite hitter Bridget Hearst ’12 earned tournament MVP honors after slamming home 46 kills over the weekend; setter Kendall Polan ’14 was named to the all-tournament team, along with Hearst, and was also named the Ivy League Rookie of the Week after notching 98 assists and 17 digs in Yale’s three victories.

Yale’s first opponent this weekend, the NJIT Highlanders (1–5), were swept by Rutgers on Tuesday. On offense, the team is led by Janet Snell, who has 58 kills this season. Defensively, Audrey Snell leads NJIT and has notched 97 digs this season.

Georgetown (3–5), on the other hand, enter the Blackbird Invitational following a 3–0 win against Howard on Wednesday. Kortney Robinson leads the Hoyas with 68 kills on the season. The Bulldogs defeated the Hoyas 3–0 in their matchup last season.

Long Island, still winless this season at 0-6, lost three matches last weekend at the Hokie Invitational, hosted by Virginia Tech. The Blackbirds are the defending Northeast Conference Champions.

The Elis are led by their lone senior: libero and captain Kelly Ozurovich ’11. Ozurovich is fifth all-time on the Yale digs list and earned all-Ivy honors the past three seasons. Last season, Ozurovich was 13th overall in digs per set (5.38) in all of Division I.

As the Elis continue their season, they said they will draw strength from team camaraderie.

“We have excellent team chemistry,” middle blocker Haley Wessels ’13 said. “We’re a small group, and we have a lot of confidence in each other.”

The Elis will face NJIT on Friday at 2 p.m. and, on Saturday, Georgetown at 12:30 p.m. and Long Island at 5:30 p.m.