This weekend is an eventful one for the women’s lacrosse team.

Friday is Senior Day at Reese Stadium for seven seniors as it will have a chance to take down No. 14 Georgetown in the last home game of the season. Two days later, the Bulldogs will travel to Cornell to battle the Big Red in a game that could decide who advances to the Ivy League postseason tournament.

The Hoyas (8–5) are 6–0 in the Big East conference and will be a non-conference test for the Elis, but with the extra motivation of playing in the final game at Reese, the Bulldogs think they can hang with Georgetown. The seniors are looking forward to ending their final regular season on a high note this weekend with an opportunity to lead the team to the Ivy League Tournament and keep hopes of a national championship alive.

“The Georgetown game is a great opportunity to play a talented, experienced team and get ready for both Cornell and the Ivy League tournament,” attacker Lindsey DeMarco ’10 said.

Along with DeMarco, attackers Jenna Block ’10 and Jess Sturgill ’10, and midfielders Natalie Reid ’10 and Sarah David ’10 will lead the Bulldog offense as they have done so this season. The final two seniors, captain Claire Eliasberg ’10 and Michele Fiorentino ‘10, have headed Bulldog defense all season and will look to hold off the Hoya offense on Friday.

The Bulldogs’ final league game against the Big Red (4-7, 3-3 Ivy League) on Sunday is arguably the most anticipated one of the season. A win on Sunday will guarantee the Elis a spot in the top four of the league and an automatic trip to the Ivy League Tournament beginning on April 30.

The senior class is looking forward to its final regular season weekend, and emotions will be high.

“It almost feels surreal, I cannot believe that after playing for 11 years, I only have two regular season games left,” Sturgill said. “But I am excited and ready to make them great games.”

For the seniors, however, this weekend marks more than just a landmark at the end of their lacrosse careers, it is possibly the last time they with play with each other, something they all say has been most important to them.

“Hopefully Sunday is not my last day to play lacrosse,” Block said. “But if it is, I know I leave with six girls by my side who persevered through four years leaving a lasting impression on Yale lacrosse.”