R.J. Rico live-blogged the Yale football game against Brown, starting at 1 p.m. Saturday.

1:06 p.m.: Kickoff is about to start for what is a must-win game for both teams. Yale and Brown are tied for third place in the Ivy League, trailing Penn and Harvard, which are both undefeated in the conference. It is cold and windy outside, but the sky is clear.

1:14 p.m. Brown’s star receiver, Buddy Farnham, ran for a first down on a reverse to the Yale 44-yard line, but he appears to be injured on the play. If Farnham is out, it would be a big blow to the Bear offense.

1:22 p.m. Kicking from the Bulldog end zone, Tom Mante ’10 sent a booming 70-plus-yard punt that rolled to the Brown 31-yard line.

1:31 p.m.: Even though they started out on the five-yard line, a series of passes by Patrick Witt ’12 and runs by Alex Thomas ’12 has moved the Bulldogs up to their 47-yard line. 3:07 remain in the first quarter.

1:34 p.m.: The Bears have just intercepted Witt, who underthrew his target. Brown now has the ball on its 29-yard line with 2:13 left in the first quarter.

1:40 p.m.: The first quarter has come to an end with the score 0-0. With Farnham back in the game, the Bears have found some success in the air. They currently have the ball on Yale’s 37-yard line.

1:44 p.m.: With third-and-two on Yale’s 16-yard line, the Bears ran for a first down and are now within five yards of the goal line.

1:45 p.m.: The Bears appeared to have run for a touchdown, but it was called back on a holding call.

1:47 p.m.: The Bears are not going to have to linger on the holding call. Two plays later, Farnham caught a 10-yard touchdown pass. Brown leads 7-0 with 12:11 remaining in the half.

1:54 p.m.: Running back Mordecai Cargill ’13 has just scored his first career touchdown. Witt found Cargill on a short slant, and — running behind his blockers — Cargill did the rest, scoring a 41-yard touchdown. Kicker Alex Barnes ’11 missed the point after touchdown, so the Bulldogs trail Brown 7-6 with 9:58 left in the half.

2:01 p.m.: The Bulldogs have the momentum right now. Defensive tackle Tom McCarthy ’10 forced a fumble, and cornerback Drew Baldwin ’12 recovered it on their 31-yard line.

2:03 p.m.: Yale just received a big break, as Witt’s intercepted pass was overturned after a flag for defensive pass interference. The Bulldogs now have the ball on Brown’s 48-yard line with 6:28 to play.

2:06 p.m.: The Bulldogs went for it on fourth-and-one on Brown’s 44-yard line, but running back Thomas was stopped well short of the marker.

2:13 p.m.: What a turn of events. Going for it on fourth and seven on Yale’s 27-yard line, cornerback Adam Money ’11 intercepted a tipped pass and returned it for a 77-yard touchdown. The Bulldogs went for a two-point conversion, but it fell incomplete. Yale leads 12-7 with 2:35 remaining in the half.

2:21 p.m.: The Bears have responded with a 72-yard drive that culminated on a short touchdown run by Brown quarterback Kyle Newhall-Caballero. The Bears lead 14-12 with 41 seconds left in the half.

2:29 p.m.: Yale kicker Mante missed a 51-yard field goal wide left as the first half ended with Brown leading 14-12. Both teams have shown the ability to move the ball and score, so an exciting second half looks to be ahead.

2:57 p.m.: Brown has started the half right where it left off, leading a 66-yard drive that ended in a 30-yard touchdown pass to wide-open Farnham. The Bears lead 21-12 with 12:13 left in the third quarter.

3:13 p.m.: Brown looks to be running away with this game, as the Bears have once again scored a touchdown — the third consecutive time they have reached the end zone. Running back Spiro Thoedosi’s 16-yard touchdown run has given the Bears a 28-12 lead with 4:58 remaining in the third quarter.

3:21 p.m.: H-back John Sheffield ’10 made a seven-yard catch on fourth-and-five while the Bulldogs were on Brown’s 25-yard line.

3:26 p.m.: The Bulldogs are doing everything they can to pull off another comeback. Peter Balsam ’11 easily recovered Mante’s surprise on-side kick on Yale’s 41-yard line as the third quarter has come to an end.

3:30 p.m.: A hard-thrown pass from Witt bounced off the hands of wide receiver Jordan Forney ’11 and was intercepted, giving the Bears the ball on the Bulldogs’ 47-yard line.

3:32 p.m.: Brown running back Theodhosi has been unstoppable recently. The tailback ran 46 yards to within one-yard of the goalline. Bobby Sewall punched it in on the next play to put the Bears in control, 35-15 with 12:59 remaining in the game.

3:41 p.m.: Wide receiver Reid Lathan ’10 made a 20-yard touchdown catch. Barnes missed the point after touchdown, so Yale trails 35-21 with 9:41 left.

3:55 p.m.: On fourth-and-eight on Brown’s 18-yard line, Witt found Haase on the six-yard line.

3:56 p.m.: Just when things were starting to look promising, the Bears intercepted Witt in the end zone. Brown has all but won this game, which has 3:23 left on the clock.

4:05 p.m.: Adam Money fumbled the punt, and Brown recovered it on Yale’s one-yard line.

4:07 p.m.: Just one yard away from the goalline, the Bears decided to kneel the ball and seal their 35-21 victory. The Yale defense struggled all game to stop Brown both on the ground and in the air. The Bulldogs showed potential offensively, scoring two touchdowns, but they were hampered by Witt’s three interceptions.